Topic: help installing Hammerfall DSP AES-32 on W10

I am not able to get my Windows 10 pro machine to recognize this card.   
The only unaccounted for item in device manager is under universal serial bus controllers / unknown usb device (link in compliance mode)
Same result on both PCI slots, Asus Z97-A
I don't see anything specific to activating the PCI slots in the bios, but maybe I don't know where to look?
Any advice would be appreciated

Re: help installing Hammerfall DSP AES-32 on W10

You installed which driver?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by hnewman 2022-06-20 20:09:21)

I first tried Driver version 2.831 and it gave me a digital signature error.
I then tried Driver version 3.35, which just says 'operation completed successfully'

Also, I was able to test the card in an older Win XP machine, and it is recognized and appears to still work okay.

These are totally outdated, where did you find them?

This is the current one: https://rme-audio.de/downloads/driver_hdsp_win_438.zip

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thank you, the 438 driver works.  Curiously the card only appears when I don't have the breakout cable attached,  which I suspect speaks to a hardware problem.  Having the working driver gives me a good foundation for troubleshooting, many thanks.

"Appears" where exactly? Odd issue, not something I've come across.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

When I boot the computer with the breakout cable attached, it's as if the card is not installed.  It doesn't show under device manager or the Hammerfall DSP app.    Without the cable it shows in both places.  I reseated the card to see if it was the plugging and unplugging of the breakout cable causing the problem but it had no effect. 
I've had to move on to another interface in my production environment, but I will do some additional troubleshooting with a different breakout cable.

This is odd, and definitely not normal. Looks like a rather exotic hardware defect. Perhaps you could try another breakout cable.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME