Topic: Totalmix not opening

Hey guys,

My totalmix is not opening. Already tried the process that has been posted.

I have a Macbook 2018 with version Big sur 11.2.3

I tried multiples drivers ain't still workin is there somebody that can help me out??

Cheers,
Jermain

Re: Totalmix not opening

May you would tell witch interface it is ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

If you 'tried multiple drivers' then you most probably missed a lot of information - as there is only one Big Sur driver. So give us the details. Is the Settings dialog opening? Is the interface working for audio I/O? Security&Privacy checked? Waited a few minutes for TM FX to open?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

waedi wrote:

May you would tell witch interface it is ?

Sorry, i used the RME audio UC,

I started with catalina with a driver of 15.2.3 after that was not working
i install the big sur with a new driver for 11 or higher, that's also not working.

The settings dialog is also not opening.
I've waited for a long time with opening Totalmix but same results

Sorry for my bad english.

5 (edited by waedi 2021-04-04 14:00:30)

Is the UC on power with the external power supply and connected to the computer with the original USB cable ?

This is the driver you have to download and install. If you haven't already :
https://rme-audio.de/downloads/driver_usb_mac_324.zip

Please try again.
Sorry for my bad questions.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

The UC is set to AP mode? See manual, chapter 14:
Check the correct firmware version by a double click on the rotary encoder button. The display PC means Windows, the display AP means Mac. The double click automatically switches between both versions. Note: a change of state is only possible when the unit is not connected to the computer.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

That was the key, Thanks a lot!

Hi,

I just upgraded to Big Sur today and my Fireface UFX+ was working fine despite it was running on drivers V321 Firmware 53.
I checked if there were new drivers and found the 327 and Firmware 54.

I didn't check everything but it seems to work just fine with the V321 but just in case I (wrongly) dicided to update.

Now TotalMix doesn't show up and therefore the soundcard doesn't work.

I followed the procedure and ALLOWED the Security&Privacy and when I did the computer just restarted and from there the TotalMix stop to show up after reboot or shutdown.

I deleted all the drivers following the manual page 32 and reinstalled, keeping open the window of Security&Privacy to allow the drivers but there wasn't any RME thing to allow.
At the end of the installation the TotalMix was there and working so I take the chance to update the Firmware to have it uptodate in case it was the problem.
Firmware installation was successful and now the Souncard has the latest firmware.
I restarted the computer and the soundcard is off again and no TotalMix or USB driver was lunched.

At this point I don't know what to do.

My System is an iMac end of 2017 4.2Ghz, 64GB RAM, 500 NVMe internal Drive, Running BigSur 11.6 (installed today).

Until the driver update everything was working as usual, I din't recorded audio but plugins etc were just fine.

Any help will be great as I am a Music Composer and is my everyday tool.

Thanks!

iMac Mid 2017 4.2Ghz 500Gb NVMe 64GB RAM Logic Pro X 10.6.3 Catalina 10.15.7 RME Fireface UFX +

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=33277

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

well, yes, I did that and it didn't work, same problem.
previously I did  the kext-consent using the key 67AK2U2X7M,

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.php?id=30462

it listed ok, however it didn't work either.

Now the ONLY solution I can think of is going back to Firmware 53, and roll back to Catalina until there is a solution that really works for this problem, if I can! or just sell the Fireface and get another that works on Big Sur as this one seems like doesn't.

I hope I can go back to Catalina as i need to finish tons of projects.

Now I am stuck not able to work which is very frustrating.

What I can't understand is why there is NOT a real WARNING about installing Big Sur if you are an owner of a RME Fireface UFX+.

iMac Mid 2017 4.2Ghz 500Gb NVMe 64GB RAM Logic Pro X 10.6.3 Catalina 10.15.7 RME Fireface UFX +

11 (edited by jasonsheesley 2022-08-07 03:13:41)

This worked wonders for me today. I had just installed Intel Power Gadget which comes with its own kernel extensions, and after a restart, TotalMix would no longer launch. I could reinstall the RME driver, and all would be fine until I restarted, at which point TotaMix would fail to launch again.

Took all of about two minutes, and my Babyface Pro is back to flawless operation once again.

Running macOS 11.6.7 on a 2019 16" MBP.

Been pulling my hair for days as my Totalmix wouldn't open a window either (using Babyface Pro, Mac Mini 2018). Finally found the issue, and posting it here in case someone else could benefit from it:

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/ar … -computer/

Disconnected the USB from the interface and reconnected it while pressing down 'SELECT + DIM' on the interface, and boom it works again. I still have no clue how the issue started in the first place, but I have a cat that likes to walk all over my gear, so maybe he's the trickster hahah

Have a nice day!