Topic: FF800 with two ADA 8200 Connecting issues

Hi everyone, newbie question but I am pulling my hair out.
Was really easy to set up one ADA8200 with my FF but the 2nd one proves impossible.
The closest I got to getting a sound was when I set up both as masters but that was wrong according to customer support.
Thank you so much in advance.

2 (edited by ramses 2022-07-16 16:02:55)

Re: FF800 with two ADA 8200 Connecting issues

Forum has many threads about clocking, should be easy to find one and accomodate to your situation.
There can only be one clock master in a setup, so .. two clock masters won't work

You do not need word clock, clock can be transferred through digital links like ADAT.
Clock signal will be send only from master on all of its digital outputs.

Then you get this picture, which will work

FF800 (clock master) ------ ADAT1 OUT ------------->ADA8200 #1 (configure to get clock from ADAT IN)
                                 ------ ADAT2 OUT ------------->ADA8200 #2 (configure to get clock from ADAT IN)

Add two additional TOSLINK cables to get audio from ADA8200 on FF800
FF800 <------------------------ ADAT1 IN ------------ ADA8200 #1
          <------------------------ ADAT2 IN -------------ADA8200 #2

You make FF800 to clock master by configuring in driver settings: clock source "internal".
The ADA8200 has DIP switches on the back, after chaning DIP switch position you may need to power cycle the device.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thank you so so so much !
This is what Customer service told me:

only one device in the setup can be master. You will either need to sync te second ADA to the first one (Word Clock) or sync both to the FF800 by way of ADAT.

So I can return the Clock cable and get an extra couple of Toslink cables?

Again, thank you so much Ramses!

I can recommend cables from Mutec, you can get them in different length.
https://www.thomann.de/de/mutec_optisches_kabel_3m.htm

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13