Topic: Babyface noise issue

Hello! New to this forum and hopefully I will get some help. Have an very strange issue where my headphone signal get affected badly with a lot of noice and bussing sounds when connecting a XLR to the main 1 jack. The main 2 jack is not affected. The problem only occurs when a stereo RCA cable connected to mixer, and not with a mono instrument cable straight into my Bose S1 monitor speaker. When disconnecting main 1 XLR the sound is perfect even with the RCA to mixer. Any ideas of what’s going on here?

Re: Babyface noise issue

You are connecting a (mono) XLR output with a stereo RCA cable to a mixer, did I get that right? If not, please clarify.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

No, let me explain… I connect both my PA speakers through main 1 and 2 XLR. Then I have a mono instrument cable to my monitor Bose S1 from the headphones jack. This setup has worked forever. Now when I connect a RCA cable to the headphones jack instead into a mixer I get a very loud buzzing sound and I can barely hear the music even if it’s there. The RCA cable is brand new and when doing some testing the buzzing only occur when having a XLR inserted into the main 1 output. If nothing is inserted to main 1 the signal is perfect. Also tried with different XLR cables there.

I can’t recreate this problem at home when connecting everything the same way. It just works. Could it be some ground issue at my customers equipment? The mixer was not mine and nor the speaker system it was connected to.