1 (edited by Quantizer 2022-07-19 23:54:57)

Topic: [Solved] Totalmix auto-save?

I'm probably being dense and missing something — please let me know smile

I just lost a lot of work on Total Mix. I restarted my computer and it reverted to an old version.

Do I really have to Save As Workspace every time I make an edit? Why can't it just remember which is expected behavior?

I'm not a festival mixer that needs 100 snapshots, I'm your average customer/musicmaker.

TIA

Re: [Solved] Totalmix auto-save?

More details about the setup, please... What does "old version" refer to? The last state should be kept, but do save it if you wish to be sure...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

"Old version" meaning the old settings, before I worked on the new settings. I think I've always had to manually save in order for changes to be saved. I'm talking EQ settings, snapshots, everything. So I'm surprised to hear you say that it should just be kept.

TM FX saves its current state into a file (path mentioned in the user manual, chapter Store for All Users) on shutdown. If that doesn't happen on your system you have to explain what computer you use and how you shut it down.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

A ha. My Mac kernel panicked which must be why it didn’t save. Okay well it’s good to know that it auto saves on a normal shut down.

MC wrote:

TM FX saves its current state into a file (path mentioned in the user manual, chapter Store for All Users) on shutdown.

It also saves the current state when you close TM FX app. That may be good to know for users who never shut down.

soundflix wrote:
MC wrote:

TM FX saves its current state into a file (path mentioned in the user manual, chapter Store for All Users) on shutdown.

It also saves the current state when you close TM FX app. That may be good to know for users who never shut down.

Awesome tip! Thank you.