Topic: Fireface 800 died (sorta)

I've had a FF 800 for a long time, it's been a trooper. I rebooted my computer recently and noticed the audio interface was no longer an option in Windows 10. fireface.exe won't open at all because I assume, the audio card/interface is missing from device manager. I tried to reinstall new drivers, nothing. The 800 looks fine itself and is locking sync. I thought maybe the PCIe card was dead, so I ordered a new one, same result.

Any ideas?

Re: Fireface 800 died (sorta)

Have you tried another FW cable? Can you test with another PC?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Not another PC easily available. I tried two different PCIe cards, different slots and different cables. Same result. It isn't being recognized anymore. Wonder if I can take it somewhere for repair in Dallas.

You have three FireWire ports - try them all. If none makes the unit reappear then this is a broken FireWire port, or an aging power supply.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I did that today. New FW 800 9 to 9 cable, tried both ports, new PCIe card. There is power to the unit.

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AnMXcKCIAEUUmdp9uZO … g?e=tnNFhz

It was working fine till one day I came in, rebooted and tried to open TotalMiX and it wouldn't open, that's when I realized it was no longer recognized.

Then you might need to send it in for service...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME