Topic: Digicheck 5: Global Record: Must HIDE to playback

Just installed the new version and am experiencing something new. I can not playback unless I select "hide".

The helpfile says:

"Hide: Removes all non-selected channels from the display. Hiding non-selected channels stops the ASIO function on these channels, thus reduces the CPU load."

Do I have a CPU load issue? It's a fairly new computer (P4)

If I do not select "hide" the time counts up, but no levels are shown and no sound is output on any channel in totalmix.

Re: Digicheck 5: Global Record: Must HIDE to playback

More infos please:

- what RME interface, what sample rate, how many channels had been used in recording, is this a new recording that you want to play back or an older file?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

HDSP Muliface I, 2 channel recording.
This was a new recording (same result with loading old recording)
Used whatever the default sample rate is. I'll have to check to see when I'm back in the studio tomorrow.

Also noticed significant latency between pressing play and playback beginning (when "hide" is enabled). This wasn't the case with the old version, not sure if its a bug?

Please store the current configuration as workspace file and send it to me.

Also if you see this effect - is the switching time between Hide and Un-Hide also plagued by a delay (it was on my conputer)?

If you still have this effect please load the Taskmanager - CPU Load display and check if DC hangs with high CPU load during the delay time.

I saw the playback delay too, but it went away after a restart of DC.

Oh, and please make sure you use the latest version: Menu Help, About, Version 5.0.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME