1 (edited by ANAFREE 2022-07-25 13:06:45)

Topic: How can i know if my UCX ii has a soldering/manufacturing issue?

Hello
i read about the Soldering/manufacturing issue for some versions of UCX ii

How can I know if my device is among those devices?

I am afraid because the temperature of the device rises after running for half an hour and I am afraid that the device will be damaged

I am from "Middle East" and I bought my UCX ii from America and made my sister bring it to me "without the Box", and if my UCX ii damaged I will not be able to send to the dealer because of the difficulty of charging + customs problems

One more question
Is there another way to turn off RME interfaces directly from Windows / RME softwares?

Re: How can i know if my UCX ii has a soldering/manufacturing issue?

I don't know about any soldering/manufacture problem causing excessive heat, but you'll have to measure temperature to be sure.

I live in Northern Europe so it generally does not got hot here at all.

If your room is very warm it could be an issue so then you might need additional cooling, like air condition or having a fan quietly blowing on it. Good air ventilation around the UCX II you should have to.

Here is one test I did after the device has been on for hours, one hour of playing music, but no use of mic, though. This is decent considering that the typical draw of the device is specced to 13 W.

Ambient temperature: 26 C
UCX II top plate temperature: 32 C
UCX II bottom plate temperature: 43 C

Re: How can i know if my UCX ii has a soldering/manufacturing issue?

And that feels quite warm, subjectivley, although the internal electronics don't give a &%$§ about anything below 60°.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME