1 (edited by Manuel 2022-07-25 13:25:01)

Topic: [POLL] Which TotalMix FX effects does everybody use?

I've created an anonymous Google form for those of you willing to contribute insight on your TotalMix FX effects usage habits. Requires Google sign-in to ensure one vote per user, but your email and your Google account are not part of your response.

POLL: Which TotalMix FX effects do you use?

Current poll results can be viewed here.

Fireface UCX II, BabyFace Pro, Fireface UFX, Fireface 400

2 (edited by ramses 2022-07-25 13:48:06)

Re: [POLL] Which TotalMix FX effects does everybody use?

And what is the purpose of the survey?
What FX you use depends on the local conditions and the task at hand.
The only thing you can be sure of is that it is an advantage to have built-in effects when you need them.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I would do it but I’m not if I have to log into anything. You need to use a platform that doesn’t require this.

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

4 (edited by Manuel 2022-07-25 16:02:21)

mkok wrote:

I would do it but I’m not if I have to log into anything. You need to use a platform that doesn’t require this.

There is a setting not to require Google log-in, but then there is no way to limit the number of times a person votes. The survey does not include your login and email (there is a caption that says so when you participate). Anyway, it's Google. If you are already logged into your Google account, you don't need to log into anything (else).

ramses wrote:

And what is the purpose of the survey?

I thought that was clear, the purpose is to answer the question in the thread title.

6 (edited by ramses 2022-08-01 11:48:26)

I read the question, but I doubt that the answer has any relevance.

You will use TM FX effects in situations when you need it, but you will continue to use your other effects (DAW, 3rd party, external FX devices) as you are used to. Especially effects which require a lot of CPU power are best being used on the PC/in the DAW, where you have powerful CPUs nowadays with high single thread performance and typically many CPU cores.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Manuel wrote:
mkok wrote:

There is a setting not to require Google log-in, but then there is no way to limit the number of times a person votes. The survey does not include your login and email (there is a caption that says so when you participate). Anyway, it's Google. If you are already logged into your Google account, you don't need to log into anything (else).

I never log into a google account and I don’t use the chrome browser.

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

mkok wrote:

I never log into a google account and I don’t use the chrome browser.

That's cool and I respect it. Alternatively, perhaps share your usage habits here if that's ok with you.

So I use reverb and delay but only for tracking vocals.  I used to use eq but I use sonarworks room correction now so I don’t use that. I have a Babyface pro fs so it doesn’t have compression. I bfp is used in a studio type environment so everything else is done within the DAW.