Re: ADI-2 Pro/DAC, 2/4 Pro SE - Models, Differences and Release Dates

rawac wrote:
Topanga_Dreams wrote:

And the TRS output on the back is also balanced?

User Guide wrote:

21.2 Line Out TRS 1/2
The ADI-2 Pro has two impedance balanced, short-circuit protected analog Line outputs ... Using a stereo (TRS) jack the output uses two 100 Ohm resistors internally to achieve impedance balancing. Using an unbalanced mono (TS) jack ring is connected to ground automatically, the output then operates unbalanced.

Thanks!

Mac Mini M2 Pro 16GB RAM - RME FIREFACE 802 - LOGIC PRO

52 (edited by kradzero 2022-08-01 14:40:09)

Hi everyone, I have the ADI-2 DAC connected to the Focal SM-9, purchased on the advice of this forum smile Very happy with the decision I made!

I have an opportunity to purchase the ADI-2 FS (https://www.rme-audio.de/ADI-2-FS.html). My main interest for this is in a separate system as a headphone amplifier. I know this is an audio interface and basically (probably) overkill, but I like to buy gear which allows me the flexibility to re-use in future setups.

The idea is: Oppo Sonica DAC (XLR pre-out) -> ADI-2 FS (XLR in) -> headphones (front port)

My questions:
1. Is the headphone amplifier section the same as/ at least as good as the ADI-2 DAC section?
2. Any issues with using the analog XLR inputs to send a signal from a streamer/DAC? Just that - in hi-fi - used to seeing RCA out from DAC to pre-amp and so forth.

Thank you all for your time smile

All

Just wanted to let everyone know that I purchased the ADI-2 DAC FS from Amazon Canada on 07/22/2022 and even tho it indicates an ASIN number of B081CWQXGD (per the spreadsheet this should be a 12/2017 model) - mine has this ASIN but shipped with the new ESS chip - my serial ends with a "C" - so it seems that we have another variant of the ADI box out there.

Cheers

VP

Does anybody have an answer to this: when I use the B/T eq encoders on front panel, whatver is changed is NOT reflected on the graph of the full parametric EQ.
Well, i have two of these dacs and in one of them it shows and the other no.
I have checked the manual, i made sure OF COURSE all eq settings are enabled…
It’s a mystery !
Anyone has an answer???

55 (edited by KaiS 2022-11-01 00:47:47)

Bourge wrote:

Does anybody have an answer to this: when I use the B/T eq encoders on front panel, whatver is changed is NOT reflected on the graph of the full parametric EQ.
Well, i have two of these dacs and in one of them it shows and the other no.
I have checked the manual, i made sure OF COURSE all eq settings are enabled…
It’s a mystery !
Anyone has an answer???

This works from ADI-2 DAC V49 and ADI-2 Pro V113 Firmware, and up.

There‘s been one or two FW versions before where B/T already was integrated into PEQ, but displaying the curve had minor quirks sometimes.

Originally B/T was separated from PEQ, that‘s what you see on one of your ADIs.

I suggest to install the latest FW‘s on both ADI-2‘s.

https://ibb.co/qdH57Rd

So which one i have?

57 (edited by ramses 2024-01-30 12:18:01)

Piotrl wrote:

https://ibb.co/qdH57Rd

So which one I have?

This is explained in the first post. According to the photo, you have an ADI-2 DAC FS. According to the table (1st post in this thread), there are 2 of these devices. It can either be a model with AKM or ESS chip. The text also states that only the model with ESS chip has a D/A filter called Brickwall.

Just check whether your device has a Brickwall filter, if so, then you have an ESS chip, otherwise AKM.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Added information for the ADI-2/4 Pro SE, see 1st posting: https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 06#p165706

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13