Topic: Horrible Noise on UFX Inputs when Connected to PC

As of a few hours ago, when I rebooted my PC, my UFX started making a horrible noise on the odd numbered line inputs and all of the mic preamps, even though nothing is plugged into them. I've reinstalled the latest drivers and firmware, tried a different USB cable, tried different sample rates, uninstalled recent Windows updates, reinstalled recent Windows updates, and nothing resolves the issue. At least not when the UFX is connected to my computer. If I unplug the USB cable and power cycle the UFX there's no sound till I reconnect it to my computer, at which point the horrible sound returns. I thought maybe it was my computer, so I connected it to a different one and got the same horrible noise, so it seems to be related to the USB on the UFX.

Has anyone encountered this before? Has anyone fixed it? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Horrible Noise on UFX Inputs when Connected to PC

It's probably a power supply issue, you should send your unit in for a hardware check up. If you are in the USA here is the contact info to start the process:
https://www.rme-usa.com/contact.html

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Re: Horrible Noise on UFX Inputs when Connected to PC

Thanks for the quick response, Jeff!