Topic: Feature question/request - crossfeed for headphone outs

I saw the new ADI-2 has the option of crossfeed for headphones via DSP. Any chance this could be added to Totalmix as an option for hardware with headphone feeds?

Re: Feature question/request - crossfeed for headphone outs

Potentially not so easy to implement as this is not simply a "panning" job. The other ear shall hear the other channel information slightly later. Would be interesting, sure.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

They've already implemented this feature for the ADI-2 Pro. It's DSP-based, and I assume they are using a similar DSP structure for the ADI-2 Pro and the other devices with DSP such as UFX. I assume it's a resource hog, but still possible? I'd hope...

4 (edited by ramses 2016-11-07 21:17:11)

Question is how big the code / cpu load is at the end and whether it fits into the FPGAs of all or most of the devices. FPGAs of the different devices have most likely different sizing if I remember some old postings.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I think the processing is handled by DSP, not by the FPGA: https://www.rme-audio.de/en/products/fi … faq.php#13

Regardless, yes, certainly it depends on the available DSP power. I'd guess if people are using the crossfeed on headphone monitoring, they likely aren't using many other DSP-heavy effects such as reverb or whatever. But I could be wrong. That's just how I'd use it...

There are indeed no resources left to add this function.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks MC for clarifying.

8 (edited by LQdbMusic 2022-08-08 13:02:13)

Hi in 2022 with e.g. the new UCX-2 out, to my understanding with an upgraded DSP, is the statement still valid ?
By any chance cross-feed option for the new UCX-series ?

Sorry if this question has been already asked elsewhere.

-- current: UCX-2, ADI-2 Pro FS, old: Babyface

IMHO this is a unique feature related to ADI-2 DAC/Pro converters.
It would make no sense to implement this only on UCX II, but not on the Flagship Interfaces like UFX II and +.

ramses wrote:

IMHO this is a unique feature related to ADI-2 DAC/Pro converters.
It would make no sense to implement this only on UCX II, but not on the Flagship Interfaces like UFX II and +.

I know that is actual a feature in the current ADI-2 Pro FS, I own one.
I think it would be a very useful feature for the more producer oriented RME devices as well IMHO.

This - of course - may apply to all "capable" interfaces concerning avail. DSP power to implement. And that's how RME usually implement features in their drivers. This was NOT a request to "restrict" it to the smaller units smile no worries wink

-- current: UCX-2, ADI-2 Pro FS, old: Babyface