Topic: Using two different RME interfaces on the same PC alternately

As I said in my previous post, my good old Babyface Pro is perfectly fine, but I have now one PC\workstation in my mother’s apartment, and one new PC\workstation in my own place. So I needed new audio interface.
My new Babyface Pro FS should arrive today.

At the beginning I’ll probably want to try the new Babyface Pro FS in both places, where I not only have different PCs but also different equipment(for different purposes, I had split my stuff), in order to observe whether I find advantages in the Babyface Pro FS over the Babyface Pro in various aspects and usages.

So my question is, if the Babyface Pro already installed on my PC, and I want to
connect there a Babyface Pro FS, do I have to uninstall the driver and Total Mix and reinstall it with the second interface, and vice versa, every time I want to switch between the two interfaces, or can I just connect any of them after installing a driver one time, without any hassle ?
I’m asking because I’ve been told here in my previous thread that they both use the same driver.

Re: Using two different RME interfaces on the same PC alternately

Yup, same driver.
If you move the new BBF Pro between locations, I would enable in TotalMix FX preferences (F2) under Device Handling:
[x] Always init DSP devices with TotalMix FX settings.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

You can connect any of them any time without  issues.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you for your answer, nice to know that.