Topic: TotalMix doesn't respond to MIDI Notes

Hello

OSX High Sierra
Digiface USB v14
Last drivers.

I can't control TotalMix via MIDI Notes, I've tried several MIDI controllers, TotalMix ignores them. TM doesn't send any kind of midi messages out either when I press Dim, Mono...

However, in Mackie mode, TotalMix sends the ping and I can see all the messages every time I touch a button or fader on TM.

TotalMix out messages are monitored via MIDI Monitor

I've tried Numark Orbit, Controller Mate, Keyboard Maestro, 02r96, and 01v96.

Enable MIDI Control selected, and in mixer settings, Controller 1 in use.

Thx in advance

Re: TotalMix doesn't respond to MIDI Notes

You need to activate Mackie Control in Settings if you want to use the MIDI notes that are typical for Mackie operation. MIDI notes are not resent unless the real Mackie protocol is in operation.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks MC you were right! Problem solved

4 (edited by Manuel 2022-08-11 11:05:17)

MC wrote:

You need to activate Mackie Control in Settings if you want to use the MIDI notes that are typical for Mackie operation. MIDI notes are not resent unless the real Mackie protocol is in operation.

I think this bit of valuable information is not in the manual, it would be useful to add it to the MIDI control section.

After enabling Mackie Control in Settings, I can finally switch snapshots, but TotalMix doesn't send any MIDI feedback out, even if Mackie Control is enabled.

The real game-changer would be if TotalMix could send MIDI feedback without Mackie Control. For example, CC7 controls the main fader, so why not send out fader position feedback also on CC7? I assume this is an artificial limitation to get people to buy ARC, otherwise I can't understand it.

Fireface UCX II, BabyFace Pro, Fireface UFX, Fireface 400