Topic: Aio and breakout cable question

Hello, I have an aio soundcard and purchased a breakout cable to go with it (RME BO9632XLRMKH).
I would like to record vocals and also produce instrumentals.
Will I be able to use a monitor controller through the line outs to listen to hear sound & control volumes?
& Will I be able to get a microphone preamp and connect it through the line in to record vocals? Thanks for any help!

Re: Aio and breakout cable question

> Will I be able to use a monitor controller through the line outs to listen to hear sound & control volumes?

I'm not sure what you mean by “sound & control volumes”, can you put an example, and what monitor controller you intend to connect?

> Will I be able to get a microphone preamp and connect it through the line in to record vocals?

Mic preamps have usually balanced analog outputs and the breakout cable enables you to get balanced analog inputs, so this will work. Which Mic preamp do you want to connect?

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

> Will I be able to use a monitor controller through the line outs to listen to hear sound & control volumes?

I'm not sure what you mean by “sound & control volumes”, can you put an example, and what monitor controller you intend to connect?

> Will I be able to get a microphone preamp and connect it through the line in to record vocals?

Mic preamps have usually balanced analog outputs and the breakout cable enables you to get balanced analog inputs, so this will work. Which Mic preamp do you want to connect?

Hey thanks for the help.
I was looking at the presonus MicroStation for my monitor controller and presonus bluetube for mic pre

Should work, simply connect analog (preferably balanced, using cables for balanced operation).

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13