1 (edited by aurasphere 2022-08-14 07:47:06)

Topic: FF800 Intermittent Glitching after Updating DAW to i7 12700k

I have had the most quality time from my ff800...since 2005 I have replaced a caps in the power supply but other than that...manufactures should take note; brilliant and thanks RME
I still use it in the studio but now it does a lot more of the optical network management although I still use it as a hardware send and return to an analog eq

I decided that 10 years was long enough to do another daw upgrade...mostly trouble free

BUT

Since I have reinstalled etc, there is what sounds like loosing dig sync that happens from time to time and starts fading in...then gets unbearable. If I have a couple of coffee, its gone when I come back or reboot

Anyone else suffering this?
Cheers

HW
i7 12700k
32gb ddr500 with speed enabled in bios
w10

Buffer settings etc seem to make no difference

2 (edited by ramses 2022-08-14 08:02:31)

Re: FF800 Intermittent Glitching after Updating DAW to i7 12700k

How is your setup? FF800 connected to PC via Firewire? What Firewire card is in use?

Could you please post a screenshot of the driver settings and make a video of how the noise sounds?

Maybe it's about time to sell the FF800 and to replace it by an UCX II or UFX II.

Currently, you can still get a nice amount of money for the used device as you can get Firewire still working.
On the other hand, Firewire is a dead horse. So, I would sell as long as you can get some money when selling it.

By this, you will get some benefits of a new recording interface with up-to-date converters, mic gain of 75dB, DURec, Autoset, etc.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

3 (edited by aurasphere 2022-08-14 09:18:11)

ramses wrote:

How is your setup? FF800 connected to PC via Firewire? What Firewire card is in use?

Could you please post a screenshot of the driver settings and make a video of how the noise sounds?

Maybe it's about time to sell the FF800 and to replace it by an UCX II or UFX II.

Currently, you can still get a nice amount of money for the used device as you can get Firewire still working.
On the other hand, Firewire is a dead horse. So, I would sell as long as you can get some money when selling it.

By this, you will get some benefits of a new recording interface with up-to-date converters, mic gain of 75dB, DURec, Autoset, etc.

Thanks for the reply
Heh you can only connect FF via FW right ;-)

I have tried a couple of drivers as well as visiting some forums which suggested the legacy but makes no diff. I believe its a TI chip but has been a while since I had to do detective work...

I have always used the same fw card so that the working model would follow any changes and not be tied to the motherboard but it had no issues on previous pc...so I have a control to compare to. To test I have used the least punishing settings. It has all channels allowed because I use them all ie spdif, analog, 2 x ADAT from the steinberg stuff which slave to the house clock of the rme.

Be nice if this forum had graphic embed instead of linking...or am I missing something?

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=17uEBnSA9Cg_o64g-w0Jvg7QaFIVXU9gB

You can hear it hear on a loopback through the sebatron starting at about 2:15 (2 mins 15 sec)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DriYk6 … BBxev/view

Its a quartet but doesnt seem to care what genre...baha

I have an assortment of other converters, as mentioned are networked via TMix...I have found the steinberg 32bit are quite good and are part of that network as my preferred inputs depending but I rarely use pres on the boxes unless the impedance is better suited to a particular mic.

Im pretty happy with the rme still...it has a certain sound as does old roland stuff I have used but they are all colours. I use various pres externally so I dont actually need any more pres  ie sebatron vmp etc.

Thats why I lock DAW boxes away and just get on with it...incrementally adding stuff only when needed but thanks for the advice. If I heard an AB that blew me away...sure...but havent had that to date...better, sure but still holds its own since my last foray (although Black Lion Mods were convincing).
Im done with consumerism...buying a liquid channel taught me that. There would be at least a couple of ton of raw materials to make the ff800...keine grunpunkt for Australien. The sebatron is just as valid as the day I bought it 20 years ago; still surprises me...always something to learn... Check Chet Faker/the temple of gear and binge watching minimalism docos :-)

Quick comment back

> Heh you can only connect FF via FW right ;-)

I wanted to be sure to understand your setup. Some people do not tell information about their whole setup, maybe you run it in standalone mode…

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Ah gotcha...yes ok...apologies...Ive been in bed all week with covid 2nd time...any frivolity is good

6 (edited by ramses 2022-08-14 10:00:30)

> If I heard an AB that blew me away...sure...but havent had that to date..

Just by the way because you mentioned that you see no reason to change. If money is not an obstacle, then I would always recommend today to a combination of RME recording interface (UFX II / UFX+) and ADI-2 Pro converter for monitoring. KaiS reported that he was very satisfied, especially with the D/A filter setting “Slow”: https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 8#p178258.

Here is an Excel list that I created to list all important information about RME USB/FW/TB interfaces of the past and the current models. There you see also a line where you can read the converter latency of all products and other useful information.
The blog article: https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/Ent … B-MADIfac/
The direct link to the Excel file: https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/attachme … 4-08-xlsx/

This kills two birds with one stone. Excellent converter quality and speed at the main interface. USB2/3 is the de-facto standard today and is fully supported by Windows. However, you should follow the chipset recommendations for USB3 (UFX+).

It is generally a good idea to install a separate USB3 card for the recording interface only in certain cases. The Sonnet USB3 card with FL1100 chipset is recommended. Clean board layout and well-functioning drivers that are integrated directly into Windows 10 using the more efficient interrupt handling scheme MSI (message signalled interrupts). This separates the audio interface from the rest of the USB2/3 infrastructure of the motherboard and prevents problems that can arise by connecting additional USB devices such as Bluetooth adapters.

You can also have a look at the converter shootout, where the ADI-2 Pro compares very well with 4x more expensive AD converters (and they can only do AD) and may even be superior to them in some use cases. The original WAV files are better viewed via the links below the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doHG32aXBDY

I am using two ADI-2 Pro R BE in my setup. One in the recording corner and one in front of my High-End HiFi. Even the 1st ADI-2 Pro years ago had a slightly better presentation compared to Accuphase own DAC module for the E-600 Class integrated amp with B&W 803D3 as speaker.

I need for example quick A/D and D/A conversion. Be it for “near-realtime” monitoring or to build a parallel effect loop for my Guitar amp. For this purpose, I am using an UFX+ to read from preamp (effect-send) and send audio directly to power amp (effect return), for this I require the converter to be as fast as possible. Then I add 100% wet FX to the port leading to effect send (power amp of the Marshall combo). This results in a much better sound instead of noodling the whole preamp signal though the effect processor before it enters the power amp of the Marshall combo amp.

If you compare converter latency of FF800, then you can see that it changed over the years significantly, its less than a third (27%) of the FF800 as you can see here (values taken from manual chapter "Latency and Monitoring":
FF800 @44.1 kHz: 44 samples A/D, 28 samples D/A => 0,98 + 0.63ms = 1,61 ms
UFX II @44.1 kHz: 13 samples A/D,   7 samples D/A => 0,28 + 0.16ms = 0,44 ms (27%, less than a third)
FF800 @96.0 kHz: 44 samples A/D, 28 samples D/A => 0,45 + 0.29ms = 0,74 ms
UFX II @96.0 kHz: 13 samples A/D,   7 samples D/A => 0,13 + 0.07ms = 0,2 ms (27%, less than a third)

Back to the concrete issue

Regarding your issue and clock settings, it's ok, the FF800 is clock master.
It indeed sounds as if the interface is not able anymore to properly process audio at this point.

Was this initially a 96 kHz recording? What happens
— if you record in single speed
— if you restrict the number of channels to transfer only analog ports over Firewire.

To find the root cause for this can be time-consuming.

You mentioned that you changed the system, so you have another mainboard, BIOS, Chipset, drivers, GPU.

Did you optimize your PC for audio?
Did you perform LatencyMon measuring to identify latency problems caused by bad drivers?

The latter can block a CPU core and if an audio process (driver, application) is being scheduled to run on this CPU core, it can create issues if audio cannot be processed in time.

Another issue was for me (with my system) that LatencyMon results were good, but I got audio glitches for around half a second. It took me 2 years to find the root cause. It was the nVidia graphic card. The cards also have an energy saving of their own, but nVidia doesn't deliver official tools anymore to turn energy saving off on their graphic cards.

I needed a special tool from a Russian developer to deactivate it.

A couple of questions regarding your system:

Did you turn off energy settings in the BIOS, C-States (sometimes also P-/T- States)?
Did you turn off clock spread spectrum in the BIOS to turn off little clock variations?
Do you use Turbo mode, this sometimes brings 100-200 MHz higher clock?
Is the Clock in your PC stable, or does it change?

What energy profile do you use in Windows 10, you can try to activate Ultimate Performance, as Admin you can make it visible/available by using this in the dos box (cmd):  powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61

A collection of threads about performance troubleshooting here
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 04#p186404

7 (edited by aurasphere 2022-08-14 10:46:43)

ramses wrote:

> If I heard an AB that blew me away...sure...but havent had that to date..

Just by the way because you mentioned that you see no reason to change. If money is not an obstacle, then I would always recommend today to a combination of RME recording interface (UFX II / UFX+) and ADI-2 Pro converter for monitoring. KaiS reported that he was very satisfied, especially with the D/A filter setting “Slow”: https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 8#p178258.

Its not that I havent looked...I wasnt satisfied...we got a bunch of stuff to shootout including URc, Clarett etc with tb2 etc

Well that was an experience...the Clarett in particular was hyped and fizzy. The air was just super high impedance that fizzed most mics except for eg r88 which sounded thin etc. The URC came out on top...no hype, dpres were solid esp in low mids and there was a front to back the others didnt have...but as mentioned...there was nothing to compel me and the URC was a decent 'different' so I purchased that.

ramses wrote:

>
Here is an Excel list that I created to list all important information about RME USB/FW/TB interfaces of the past and the current models. There you see also a line where you can read the converter latency of all products and other useful information.
The blog article: https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/Ent … B-MADIfac/
The direct link to the Excel file: https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/attachme … 4-08-xlsx/

This kills two birds with one stone. Excellent converter quality and speed at the main interface. USB2/3 is the de-facto standard today and is fully supported by Windows. However, you should follow the chipset recommendations for USB3 (UFX+).

It is generally a good idea to install a separate USB3 card for the recording interface only in certain cases. The Sonnet USB3 card with FL1100 chipset is recommended. Clean board layout and well-functioning drivers that are integrated directly into Windows 10 using the more efficient interrupt handling scheme MSI (message signalled interrupts). This separates the audio interface from the rest of the USB2/3 infrastructure of the motherboard and prevents problems that can arise by connecting additional USB devices such as Bluetooth adapters.

You can also have a look at the converter shootout, where the ADI-2 Pro compares very well with 4x more expensive AD converters (and they can only do AD) and may even be superior to them in some use cases. The original WAV files are better viewed via the links below the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doHG32aXBDY

I mainly record live stuff...whether location or here in the studio. If I do need to track for some reason, I just use the UR as Im use to the UI and basic monitoring/fx (I do a lot of FOH using TF etc)...if Im doing mix for bedroom producer guys...its already tracked
On top of that I use 3 tier mixing so at least 60% of the mix is done on auratone type speaker (actually spherical stone versions called Aurasphere) and most of that is in mono. I then use the nearfield Focus stone spheres (focal drivers) for adding the subs tops/image balancing and final zooming is done on ATC16s for no more than 10% of the time...thats the only time I would seriously notice the DA and while it might make it sound great in the studio...it doesnt actually help me when the client goes home and plays it...translation already has more than it needs. References still sound great on the ff800 but dont underestimate the cables...I see so many guys set up mega dollar converters and using rubbish cabling. Cant do better than Analysis Plus Pro Oval or vovox...cheap upgrade

I generally send clients that arent doing it live to other studios/friends...or anyone who uses autotune/pitch correction...BAHA lol!

ramses wrote:

>
I am using two ADI-2 Pro R BE in my setup. One in the recording corner and one in front of my High-End HiFi. Even the 1st ADI-2 Pro years ago had a slightly better presentation compared to Accuphase own DAC module for the E-600 Class integrated amp with B&W 803D3 as speaker.

I need for example quick A/D and D/A conversion. Be it for “near-realtime” monitoring or to build a parallel effect loop for my Guitar amp. For this purpose, I am using an UFX+ to read from preamp (effect-send) and send audio directly to power amp (effect return), for this I require the converter to be as fast as possible. Then I add 100% wet FX to the port leading to effect send (power amp of the Marshall combo). This results in a much better sound instead of noodling the whole preamp signal though the effect processor before it enters the power amp of the Marshall combo amp.

If you compare converter latency of FF800, then you can see that it changed over the years significantly, its less than a third (27%) of the FF800 as you can see here (values taken from manual chapter "Latency and Monitoring":
FF800 @44.1 kHz: 44 samples A/D, 28 samples D/A => 0,98 + 0.63ms = 1,61 ms
UFX II @44.1 kHz: 13 samples A/D,   7 samples D/A => 0,28 + 0.16ms = 0,44 ms (27%, less than a third)
FF800 @96.0 kHz: 44 samples A/D, 28 samples D/A => 0,45 + 0.29ms = 0,74 ms
UFX II @96.0 kHz: 13 samples A/D,   7 samples D/A => 0,13 + 0.07ms = 0,2 ms (27%, less than a third)

Back to the concrete issue

Regarding your issue and clock settings, it's ok, the FF800 is clock master.
It indeed sounds as if the interface is not able anymore to properly process audio at this point.

Unfortunately doesnt make sense...its never had any issues...its simply playing 2 stereo tracks via 1 stereo buss out, into vmp and out then into DAW via. Its got practically no CPU hits, no plugs and it just happens out of the blue...

ramses wrote:

>
Was this initially a 96 kHz recording? What happens
— if you record in single speed
— if you restrict the number of channels to transfer only analog ports over Firewire.

To find the root cause for this can be time-consuming.

Can be any sample rate, any of those settings.

ramses wrote:

>
You mentioned that you changed the system, so you have another mainboard, BIOS, Chipset, drivers, GPU.

Did you optimize your PC for audio?
Did you perform LatencyMon measuring to identify latency problems caused by bad drivers?

The latter can block a CPU core and if an audio process (driver, application) is being scheduled to run on this CPU core, it can create issues if audio cannot be processed in time.

Yes, debloated, energy settings all done, background services etc...no change.

ramses wrote:

>
Another issue was for me (with my system) that LatencyMon results were good, but I got audio glitches for around half a second. It took me 2 years to find the root cause. It was the nVidia graphic card. The cards also have an energy saving of their own, but nVidia doesn't deliver official tools anymore to turn energy saving off on their graphic cards.

I needed a special tool from a Russian developer to deactivate it.

A couple of questions regarding your system:

Did you turn off energy settings in the BIOS, C-States (sometimes also P-/T- States)?
Did you turn off clock spread spectrum in the BIOS to turn off little clock variations?
Do you use Turbo mode, this sometimes brings 100-200 MHz higher clock?
Is the Clock in your PC stable, or does it change?

Ill recheck the bios.

ramses wrote:

>
What energy profile do you use in Windows 10, you can try to activate Ultimate Performance, as Admin you can make it visible/available by using this in the dos box (cmd):  powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61

To my knowledge I have done all the steps that were done in the last daw.

ramses wrote:

>
A collection of threads about performance troubleshooting here
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 04#p186404

THANKS for your very comprehensive/detailed reply

8 (edited by ramses 2022-08-14 11:30:51)

In some cases, it can help to move the Firewire PCIe card to a different PCIe slot.
The “better” PCIe slots are those with PCIe lanes coming directly from the CPU (not chipset) and where the PCIe lanes are not share by other components. It depends on CPU type and mainboard layout. The mainboard manual should contain a block diagram of the I/O ports, how all components are connected to each other.

You should also check which Firewire chip you use. Those from TI (Texas Instruments) are the best, but even they developed a product which had issues, did not react to interrupts in time. Unfortunately, many PCI/PCIe card vendors used the XIO2200A for their designs. A good card that I can recommend you is the one from Exsys using the XIO2213B chips.
https://www.exsys-shop.de/shopware/en/c … le-bracket
https://geizhals.de/exsys-ex-16415-a375938.html

Other possibility, PSU issues on FF800

In other threads, I read that some noise could theoretically also come from the PSU. A PSU replacement should be not too expensive so that you can at least exclude issues coming from there.

Regarding your comments about devices / sound

If you tried already so many components, then one or too more should not be too hard. I would be very curious what you would say regarding UFX II or even UFX+. MADI has some advantages over ADAT in terms of scalability and placement of additional Mic Pres or other components. To have USB3 and Thunderbolt can also be an advantage, then you have more flexibility in terms of connection options towards the PC.

Live recording & RME DURec (Direct USB recording)

I think this could be extremely useful to you. If you perform live recordings, then I think a recording interface with DURec is a must. You can make a backup recording of all channels on a USB disk or stick. If you should have a hand situation or bad audio, maybe caused by Firewire or USB connection or issues on the PC (which is likely in this case).
Because then you still have the recording on the stick in safe harbor, as this audio flow stays local to the recording device. You can even use the recording interface in stand-alone mode without a PC. Select from 6 config profile on the device and make adjustments to the setup.

Regarding sound quality

I know many people who are impressed of the sound quality of UFX II/+ and ADI-2 Pro.
If I were you, then I would really give the combination of UFX II or + and ADI-2 Pro FS R BE a try. What can you loose?
Nothing. I think you won't be disappointed. Besides my high end HiFi I am using good near-field monitors, the Geithain RL906D which are ideal for the near-filed as its position is very uncritical. It's often being used in outside broadcast vans, where you in some cases only can provide parallel positioning at the wall. The converter quality of the last recent products is extremely well. Transparent, not adding any unwanted mojo. Good/stable bass fundament.
The Mic Preamps are superb, UFX II/+ and 12Mic use the same design and the 12Mic got excellent reviews.

FF800 is from 2004. It is certainly within the realm of possibility that something has changed in the past 18 years, after all.

9 (edited by aurasphere 2022-08-14 11:50:39)

ramses wrote:

In some cases, it can help to move the Firewire PCIe card to a different PCIe slot.
The “better” PCIe slots are those with PCIe lanes coming directly from the CPU (not chipset) and where the PCIe lanes are not share by other components. It depends on CPU type and mainboard layout. The mainboard manual should contain a block diagram of the I/O ports, how all components are connected to each other.

You should also check which Firewire chip you use. Those from TI (Texas Instruments) are the best, but even they developed a product which had issues, did not react to interrupts in time. Unfortunately, many PCI/PCIe card vendors used the XIO2200A for their designs. A good card that I can recommend you is the one from Exsys using the XIO2213B chips.
https://www.exsys-shop.de/shopware/en/c … le-bracket
https://geizhals.de/exsys-ex-16415-a375938.html

Other possibility, PSU issues on FF800

In other threads, I read that some noise could theoretically also come from the PSU. A PSU replacement should be not too expensive so that you can at least exclude issues coming from there.

Regarding your comments about devices / sound

If you tried already so many components, then one or too more should not be too hard. I would be very curious what you would say regarding UFX II or even UFX+. MADI has some advantages over ADAT in terms of scalability and placement of additional Mic Pres or other components. To have USB3 and Thunderbolt can also be an advantage, then you have more flexibility in terms of connection options towards the PC.

Live recording & RME DURec (Direct USB recording)

I think this could be extremely useful to you. If you perform live recordings, then I think a recording interface with DURec is a must. You can make a backup recording of all channels on a USB disk or stick. If you should have a hand situation or bad audio, maybe caused by Firewire or USB connection or issues on the PC (which is likely in this case).
Because then you still have the recording on the stick in safe harbor, as this audio flow stays local to the recording device. You can even use the recording interface in stand-alone mode without a PC. Select from 6 config profile on the device and make adjustments to the setup.

Regarding sound quality

I know many people who are impressed of the sound quality of UFX II/+ and ADI-2 Pro.
If I were you, then I would really give the combination of UFX II or + and ADI-2 Pro FS R BE a try. What can you loose?
Nothing. I think you won't be disappointed. Besides my high end HiFi I am using good near-field monitors, the Geithain RL906D which are ideal for the near-filed as its position is very uncritical. It's often being used in outside broadcast vans, where you in some cases only can provide parallel positioning at the wall. The converter quality of the last recent products is extremely well. Transparent, not adding any unwanted mojo. Good/stable bass fundament.
The Mic Preamps are superb, UFX II/+ and 12Mic use the same design and the 12Mic got excellent reviews.

FF800 is from 2004. It is certainly within the realm of possibility that something has changed in the past 18 years, after all.

Yes thanks again. Remember my last purchase was only a couple of years ago...the URC with 32bit record...and like I said...I dont often use the pres...I use the tube stuff...which just doesnt age :-) Thats why I went that way...converters get better...but pres...well havent found anything close to the sebatron for flexiblity and agelessness

These are mainly for work and they are still running well...its only this hiccup else you wouldnt hear from me. The sebatron turns eg a low regards NT1 touted as hyped and edgy into silk, takes the ring out of a 57, puts iron into a TLM etc. If you get what I mean...

Its for a job...my ears are extremely use to all the gear I have...I know it and when I go to other studios/places with much higher end gear...Im not being conceited but I know I am getting better work out of what I have by far and its a joy doing it.

Thanks for your enthusiasm...I was once like that until I realised how old I was getting and how much I missed the art...so bogged down in the details that didnt matter; 10 years passed me by so I made a vow to do, to the best of my ability what was most important.

Thats why I put the line about Chet Faker...exactly what I did.

Now live performance is becoming the magic art that is dimishing and cant be replaced by AI...along with the beautiful people that trust me to capture that with them

I installed Latmon, says no issues, adjusted bios...issue still there
The PSU has already been overhauled a couple of months ago

BTW What cables do you use, mics and mic techniques etc. Do you have some examples of your stuf/projects? Would love to hear

Cheers

10 (edited by ramses 2022-08-14 11:50:16)

> I installed Latmon, says no issues, adjusted bios...issue still there

Nevertheless, the values must be interpreted correctly. Bad / too high DPC values are an indication that something is not working optimally, so you don't have enough headroom under load. You can see some charts for comparison in some threads (the link I recommended regarding PC performance troubleshooting).

I'm not trying to persuade you, just making some suggestions that might be of interest to you, the final decision is of course up to you.

Over the years I got a good overview of the whole RME product range, and I am skilled in combining the products cleverly.

11 (edited by aurasphere 2022-08-14 11:56:44)

ramses wrote:

> I installed Latmon, says no issues, adjusted bios...issue still there

Nevertheless, the values must be interpreted correctly. Bad / too high DPC values are an indication that something is not working optimally, so you don't have enough headroom under load. You can see some charts for comparison in some threads (the link I recommended regarding PC performance troubleshooting).

I'm not trying to persuade you, just making some suggestions that might be of interest to you, the final decision is of course up to you.

Over the years I got a good overview of the whole RME product range, and I am skilled in combining the products cleverly.

I get that and its appreciated
Which is the actual link...there are so many there?

http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1ojHULKLuGI4AsPcybLwBXfjpRGq_7ewB

12 (edited by ramses 2022-08-14 12:22:39)

> Which is the actual link...there are so many there?
Yes, every thread differs a little and I have not the time to write everything again and again.
Important for the troubleshooting is that you know how a computer works.
Usually nobody does this and thus is a little lost with such tools and interpreting the results.
So, here and there, I try to give some background information so that everything becomes clearer.

Regarding your results.

It looks fine, but running it for 35 seconds is too low and do measuring on an IDLE system.
Because LatencyMon already simulates a DAW load.
So start no other application and perform no mouse pointer movement.

If you know your system and only want to perform quick checking whether it makes big jumps in terms of results, then 5 minutes is ok. Otherwise, I would recommend letting it run for at least 10 min if things needs to go fast. Otherwise, you need at min 1-2 hours to get scheduled jobs in the hope that the jobs start at lease once in an hour.

ramses wrote:

If you know your system and only want to perform quick checking whether it makes big jumps in terms of results, then 5 minutes is ok. Otherwise, I would recommend letting it run for at least 10 min if things needs to go fast. Otherwise, you need at min 1-2 hours to get scheduled jobs in the hope that the jobs start at lease once in an hour.

Cool...ok Ill see...I do have nvidia 1050 which is actually new to the system too; now I remember...so you may be on to something

[ Remember: a collection of threads about performance troubleshooting here
https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 04#p186404 ]

Regarding nVidia energy saving, I copy pasted to you the relevant infos:

Optional: disable Power Saving for nVidia Graphic card

Turning off energy saving in the GPU might be required if you still have random audio glitches.
Proposal / solution is from Steinberg Forum: see 1st posting in this thread: https://forums.steinberg.net/t/8-18-cor … tup/103725
Use it at your own risk, I would only do this if required.
But for my system it was mandatory, otherwise I got still random audio glitches and this problem is now fully gone.

In short: download this tool: https://nvworld.ru/utilities/pmswitch/
- Disable power saving (best not for battery operation, but if you need it .. do)
- Use these settings in nVidia control panel
  - Energieverwaltungsmodus: Maximale Leistung bevorzugen
  - Threaded Optimierung: Ein
  - V-Sync: Aus