Topic: Shortcuts to mute and unmute headphones and speakers

I'm still a noob to Totalmix, so its perhaps super easy, but I'll looking for an option to mute a channel (my speaker output) and unmute my headphones and optimally make it work as a toggle, so I can use the same keycommand to switch between speakers for mixing and headphones for tracking.

Is there a simple way to do this? My goal is to add this shortcut to an Elgato Streamdeck, so I by a push of a button can change the mode.

Re: Shortcuts to mute and unmute headphones and speakers

Get an ARC USB and connect it via USB to your computer.
Then you can switch between 8 submixes
And in each of the submixes you can mute/unmute the outputs (monitors, phones) as needed.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

Get an ARC USB and connect it via USB to your computer.
Then you can switch between 8 submixes
And in each of the submixes you can mute/unmute the outputs (monitors, phones) as needed.

Thanks for the reply. It seems a bit silly yo buy a device just to be able to push a button (of which I have plenty of). I only need to do this single thing.

But I guess I then need to make 2 submixes I can toggle?

4 (edited by JustAnAvocado 2022-08-22 22:49:20)

If you're on Windows, there is a TotalMix plugin for the Stream Deck that should serve your purpose. You may need to use two buttons, one for each output as the TotalMix plugin doesn't seem to work with the Multi Action function on the Stream Deck, though it may just be an issue on my end so I would try it and see if you have better luck.

If you're on Mac there is a Midi plugin for the Stream Deck which could work. I believe the setup is slightly more complicated however.