Topic: TotalMix Remote connection issues

Hi, I know this is probably an issue with my Windows 11 machine but I have a TotalMix Remote issue which I have sort of found the reason for the connection troubles but was wondering if any else has experienced this and how do I resolve...

I have a Fireface UFX connected via USB to a Windows 11 machine. All drivers, firmware and TotalMix FX are at the latest level. I have been messing about for days trying to get TotalMix Remote working on my iPads and Windows 10 Laptop but no success. I thought i'd install a network analyser app on one of my iPads which allows me to ping the iPad to test the connection. As soon as I pinged the iPad the remote on all devices started to work? If I restart all the devices i'm back to square one with the TotalMix Remotes showing sometimes a 'Disconneced' state and other times a 'No Access!' state until I ping the iPad again, then all is connected. This is the same with the Firewall enabled and disabled.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any idea how to resolve?

Re: TotalMix Remote connection issues

No I haven’t had this. It sounds like the ping is resolving the ip address so it then works. Have you set the IP address correctly on the computer or app (I can’t remember of the top of my head where you set it)

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

Yes all IPs are correct. Another strange thing is that I use a remote with Studio One with the same iPad too and that works fine (I have tried uninstalling S1 remote) I’m sure S1 remote communicates via UDP too.

It seems that in the "Host Connection Settings" page on the iPad you need to insert the LAN IP address of the PC to which your RME interface is connected rather than the IP addresses displayed in the "Network Remote Settings" dialog box on TotalMix on the PC.