Topic: Custom zoom levels? (mixed 4K-1080p problems)

hi guys!

Does anybody know how to adjust the zoom level of the whole TotalFX software GUI on Windows 11?

I use a big 4K monitor with a 1080p HD monitor on the side for Kontakt.
would like to have the Totalmix on the smaller HD monitor, but the size is either too big or too small?

I can only choose 135, 200 and 270%

kinda need 180ish i guess smile

Thanks for your time to read this!

Re: Custom zoom levels? (mixed 4K-1080p problems)

agreed, more zoom options would be very helpful as in my case it's either too small (for touchscreen use), or clips off the monitor.

I also need zoom levels between 135% and 200%. Something like 150%. Having it user customizable would be great.

Will not come, sorry. Use 2 Row mode as workaround.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by Red_Hector 2024-02-14 08:32:04)

2 Row mode will not work for me because I have two instances of Total Mix open, side by side, on a 21:9 monitor. One for a UFX II and the other for a Digiface.

adjust the resolution of your monitor to match the TM size...

“Do It For Her”
My Gear: Bontempi Magic light Keyboard

Customizable zoom level would be a godsend – I agree with gl, 135% is too small on a 4K monitor but 200% is too big. Unfortunately adjusting the resolution of your monitor isn't a viable workaround if you use your computer for more than just TotalMix FX.

I totally understand there may be technical limitations dictating the pre-set zoom levels for the foreseeable future (it looks like they had to be pre-baked into the app bundle), but I hope one day TotalMix FX's UI will be rendered as vector graphics like DigiCheck NG so it will be more freely resizable and scalable.

And then the complains start that it doeen't run on ancient hardware anymore...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

And then the complains start that it doeen't run on ancient hardware anymore...

You could use the OS version and show only the options available to that OS.
You can assume old versions only run in old hardware. That is true for Mac OS for sure and mostly for windows.
In the end you have 3 driver versions per OS, Conditional compilation to the rescue.

Or a much more simple... 1 line of code:
Msgbox "Please note this mode might not work in your hardware use at your own risk" (don't forger the don't show again tick!)

I understand (and admire) your dedication to allow users to use old hardware. But providing a UI that also has 2024 look and feel is also possible.
I mean Soundcraft was able to do it in HTML5 years ago... resize the that browser and enjoy! Fits all resolutions in all devices with 1 single codebase :- )
I assume you use C++ so .. much more powerful than HTML5 ;- )

https://www.soundcraft.com/ui24-softwar … mixer.html

10 (edited by waedi 2024-02-17 11:37:14)

I have to admit, the resize feature would be nice to have. Of course for free.
But what do you mean with 2024-look ? Isn't the 2024 Totalmix FX 1.93 a good 2024-look ?
I am familiar with it and I like it.
The soundcraft one from your link is too fancy for me, tribute to 60s console historic museum rebuild and the level meter in a
LED-chain is disturbing.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue