Topic: Micstasy reviews on major american audio magazines

Why major american mags don?t publish a micstasy review?

Re: Micstasy reviews on major american audio magazines

You should ask them, not us.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

It is just a great (the best) preamp - so no need for a review ;-)

Fabian

Fabian Frank - Arcantus Musikproduktion GbR
www.arcantus-musikproduktion.de
www.arcantus.de

The english Audio Media has a review, written by a BBC engineer: "... the impact was significant. Better bass, with tighter definition and extension was one of the first improvements to be notes. Further up the mid-range was judged to enjoy an enhanced transparency, and at the top end the HF sparkled and enjoyed a freedom from any sense of crushing or distortion."

German magazins, like "Professional audio magazin" have reviewed the Micstasy with great results ("one of the best preamps, we?ve ever tested ...").

best regards
Knut

The BBC engineer in question is Alistair McGhee. The review doesn't seem to be online, though. I could ask if they have a pdf, if there is considrable interest...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

http://mag1.olivesoftware.com/activemag … 007-06.asp

Page 38

A great review. Conclusion: "This is the best box I ?ve seen for a while ..."

best regards
Knut

Hi Boypiano, out of curiosity which major american magazines would you like to see it reviewed in?  I was not under the impression that any of them are reliable sources of information.  Every time I read one I cringe but I do remember when the Akai cd3000xl came out, I was very excited and encouraged by a review.

Sorry for asking, but where are you located?  You might be able to check one out in person...

9 (edited by boypiano 2008-11-12 19:19:31)

HI!

I am in Brazil. Very difficult to check one personally here. Specially RME stuff that is not very well known around here ... Yes, I don?t believe completely in Mag reviews, but sometimes they are my only sources of information besides the ads! I bought my FF800 because of so many reviews praising it. They were right!
I would like to see it in Mix, EQ for instance.

Greetings!