Topic: ARC USB - random disconnects

hi - been using the ARC USB for a year or two without problems but recently I've been getting some 'random' disconnects.  Maybe once or twice a week.

Occasionally I glance at the unit and notice that the "DIM" light has gone out (Talkback and Speaker B still dimly lit ok) - meaning it's lost connection to Totalmix.

Disconnecting/reconnecting the USB cable brings it all back to life ok - it doesn't reconnect automatically ?

I have various USB cards in the PC - other devices on the same card (USB keyboards, MIDI interface) don't show any disconnects.  Tried a different (on the motherboard) USB port but the same problem.

Windows 10 - latest updates
Latest version of Totalmix FX
HDSPe MADI FX 

Hard to find a 'trigger' but might be when CPU load is maxed out on a process - but this has never happened in the previous couple of years so not sure why it's doing it now ?

It's not a system that I change often and nothing I can think of has changed that I could think would affect USB/RME unless it's possibly a windows update that's done something ?

anyone seen anything similar ?

Re: ARC USB - random disconnects

Happens from time to time on my mac studio as well. Usually the talkback led hangs or the whole unit goes bye-bye. Reconnecting fixes it .

Happy Fireface UFX+, Octamic XTC and M-32 Pro user.
http://www.stoersender-studio.ch

It also happened to me last month several times after one year of full functionality. Connected to UCX2 durec port. And also some other problems with ARC USB. I will create separate thread later with some findings, it can take some time.

ADI-2 DAC, Digiface USB, Fireface UCXII, ARC USB, Neumann MA1 aligned monitors

looping back on this - problem seems to have gone away and hasn't happened again. No other changes to the system apart from windows updates

I'm assuming it was an update or just 'one of those things'

(fingers crossed !)

Same issue here, 'dim' light is off and controller can't be used.
Only when i remove the usb and reconnect it it all works again.

I have this every time i start windows 10.

buy the ticket take the ride..

floyd pepper wrote:

Same issue here, .....

I don't think this is the same issue - my ARC disconnected randomly (and only about 3 or 4 times) whilst windows was running, maybe after several hours.  As I say that seems to have resolved itself (fingers crossed)

your issue is different - if windows is not detecting every time windows boots then it should be fairly straightforward to track it down

My suggestion is to open a new thread with a title that reflects the problem as it's more likely to get a useful reply

Thank you for your answer, i will do just that!

orange wrote:
floyd pepper wrote:

Same issue here, .....

I don't think this is the same issue - my ARC disconnected randomly (and only about 3 or 4 times) whilst windows was running, maybe after several hours.  As I say that seems to have resolved itself (fingers crossed)

your issue is different - if windows is not detecting every time windows boots then it should be fairly straightforward to track it down

My suggestion is to open a new thread with a title that reflects the problem as it's more likely to get a useful reply

buy the ticket take the ride..