1 (edited by leo.debois 2022-09-15 19:57:30)

Topic: Totalmix doesn't load

Hi,

I'm connecting my babyface pro fs after one year of non use on my pc.

Totalmix never opens when connecting the usb. I can't open it manually (where is the app folder ?).

I remember that one year ago I still had some problems about running the software.

I installed the latest version of the driver but it doesn't change anything.

I would be really grateful if you could help me.

Thanks in advance !

Re: Totalmix doesn't load

Windows? Mac? What driver did you install?

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

I was thinking your computer does not properly recognize the babyface therefore totalmix does not start.

Maybe disconnect your usb hub (or direct usb cable) between the computer and babyface, then power cycle everything (shut down and start again everything in the order babyface off, computer off, computer on, babyface on), then check again.

ADI2, Digiface, ARC

I work on windows. I installed the latest driver, win 1221.
I did what you said Fieldstu but it didn't change anything.
Thanks for your help !

For some unknown reason, Windows sometimes will just randomly disable the RME startup items. Check here:

CTRL+ALT+DEL, open Task Manager, show More Details, Startup tab

Find the TotalmixFX.exe and FirefaceUSBSettings.exe files in the list, and make sure these are "Enabled"

You can also right click and select Open File Location, this will open a Windows Explorer window with the file selected, and you can create a shortcut for the desktop. Then if it's not in the system tray, you can click the shortcut to start it.

Also check the unit is in the correct firmware mode (PC for use with Mac or Windows computers): https://youtu.be/Xs8w3nyZ3s8

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

It worked !!!

Thank you so much guys ! I love you !!!