1 (edited by cobbold 2022-10-04 23:29:14)

Topic: Babyface pro driver won't install on windows 10

The device is listed in device manager with an exclamation mark and status says 'This device cannot start. (Code 10)'

I've tried all versions of drivers I can find, but no change. When I use the update driver tool from device manager it tells me the best driver is already installed - "USB Audio 2.0" - and it won't actually use / install the proper babyface driver.

I've tried multiple USB cables and tried every USB port. Does anyone have any idea how I can get it working?

Thanks

Re: Babyface pro driver won't install on windows 10

I managed to get the driver installed by
- starting the driver installer
- copying %temp%\rme somewhere else
- exiting the installer
- going to Update Driver / browse my computer / let me pick / Have Disk....   and giving it the path of the folder i copied

So now it shows as OK in device manager, but still not working. No sound when it's selected as the audio device, and the fireface USB settings app is in the task bar but won't open.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get it to work?

3 (edited by vinark 2022-10-05 10:53:20)

Sorry no, but it worked here right away on win10 latest. Oh wait I think it is in CC mode the babyface, see mamual how to change it, hence the audio 2.0 driver. CC mode does not work on windows. You set it by holding a button when booting the babyface but not sure which by head.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632

That works! Thanks so much, wasted a lot of time on that and was about to reset my computer

Ah great, and a reset would not have helped! I also never read the manual, but if I remember correctly mine was not in cc mode when I bought it.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
BFpro fs, 2X HDSP9652 ADI-8AE, 2X HDSP9632