1 (edited by Del_Gesu 2022-10-05 15:02:03)

Topic: Keeping the previous settings after using another computer

Hello, I have acces to studio (which is not mine) and I would like to use its Fireface UFX+ with my own computer by unplugging thunderbolt connection from the studio computer and plug it into mine.

I'd like to make sure, that after my work I can just plug thunderbolt again to studio computer and I won’t mess anything in its configuration. Am I right that when studio computer will be turn on (again with the connection with Fireface), all the studio settings will be restored, because they are stored in Totalmix workspace of this particular instance?

Can I freely change Fireface connection between the computers and each time device will use settings stored on that particular Totalmix instance?
If there is any possibility, that I can mess something by connecting device to my computer, I would appreciate the information.

Re: Keeping the previous settings after using another computer

Which exact settings are you referring to? Totalmix routings?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: Keeping the previous settings after using another computer

I am referring to any possible settings I could mess up by connecting Fireface to my computer.

Currently Fireface is connected to 2 computers (by USB and Thunderbolt) and to mixer. 1-4 channels are connected to 4 loudspeakers. I don’t know any settings parameters on the device nor on the computers. I just want to connect Fireface to my computer and use 1-4 output channels for quadrophonic monitoring.

I own Babyface Pro, so I am familiar with Totalmix and, I think, I can deal with routing after I connect Fireface to my computer. But I don’t own Fireface UFX+, so I don’t know what issues I could expect after I connect it back to studio computer. I have to make sure, that after my work, when I connect cable to the studio computer everything will be like untouched.