Topic: RME drivers can`t be installed on mac 10.6.8

Hello there, I have an unsimple problem with the installation of RME drivers for my RME Babyface pro.

I use Mac OS 10.6.8 Snow Leopard (Macbook pro 2011) and I have audio card RME Babyface Pro FX. I`ve tryed to install some drivers for Babyface, all is unsuccessfully. So I cant use my audiocard at all.

Here what i`ve tryed.

1. I`ve tryed to install drivers Fireface USB Driver 1.68 and installation was successfull, but I can`t open Fireface USB Settings application at all (it just do not response to the clicking). Also TotalMix tryed to open, but the window of total mix is not appearing. So I can`t set up settings of Babyface and can`t use it

2. I`ve tryed to install drivers Fireface USB Driver 2.09, 2.21, 2.22. It`s trying to install, but then it shows up `The installation failed. An unknown installation error occured. The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacter for assistence`.

My card is not in CC mode.
PLEASE help me, what am I doing wrong? I`m so exhausted. Thank you for your attention!

Re: RME drivers can`t be installed on mac 10.6.8

Driver 1.68 is dated 2012. The Babyface Pro did not exist, so obviously the driver does not support it.

Driver 2.09 and 2.22 (current version 2.22_2) should have worked. What you describe looks like the unit is in CC mode. For checking put it into CC mode and see if the Mac then shows it in the Audio Midi Setup, Audio Window.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by lija 2022-10-09 09:31:43)

Re: RME drivers can`t be installed on mac 10.6.8

Thank you for your response!

"Driver 2.09 and 2.22 (current version 2.22_2) should have worked. "
I was expecting that too, but I have that error `The installation failed. An unknown installation error occured. The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacter for assistence`. ((((((

"What you describe looks like the unit is in CC mode. For checking put it into CC mode and see if the Mac then shows it in the Audio Midi Setup, Audio Window."

Yes, I`ve changed CC and PC mode, and in PC mode my laptop can see my card in Audio MIDI Setup. This is the name of the device and his serial number: Babyface (12345678...)
So my computer can define that card!
And my only question is about this driver mistake (the installation failed)...

What do you think I can do to install driver 2.09 or 2.22 successfully?
And why driver 1.68 can be installed and the other one drivers can not be installed?

Thank you