Topic: HDSPe PCIe + HDSPe AIO combined?

Hi,

I am currently using a HDSPe AIO with a focusrite octopre via ADAT and I'm very happy with this setup.
Now I could get a HDSPe PCIe card with a RME Multiface 2 and I was wondering if it is possible to install both cards and have all the I/Os working simultaneously on one ASIO device / within one DAW.

Thank you

Re: HDSPe PCIe + HDSPe AIO combined?

Welcome to RME forum.

It's the same ASIO driver, which you can load in the DAW and then the DAW can access all I/O ports.

Each card will have a TM FX instance of its own. You can only route ports between those interfaces in the DAW, so you always have the full RTL in the signal path.

The cards need to be clock synched through either a digital port or you need to check manual whether there are internal connectors for ADAT or WC.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thank you for the quick answer.

I am not sure if I understood everything, but what I take away is that I can simply drop in the card and it should work right away since I already have the suitable drivers installed.
I may have to manually set up syncronisation (couldn't find anything in the manual) but that's it.

One ASIO device = all channels of all RME cards freely available.
This would be perfect.

Thanks again

Clock synchronization, the forum has many threads about it and the manual contains information how to synch clock either through a digital link like ADAT, SPDIF or Word Clock (WC), if both interfaces support WC.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13