Topic: UFX+ discontinued?

Has the production been completely stopped? Why?

Re: UFX+ discontinued?

https://forum.rme-audio.de/viewtopic.ph … 64#p192364

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

I started to worry. Hopefully the support will continue and updates will be received as needed. I got the device a year ago and thought I would work with it for years.

Where is the problem? You'll continue to get driver updates. At some point, there will be a new version of this device, but most likely without Thunderbolt. Apart from that, everything is still taking longer because of chip shortages (burnt down chip factories) and supply chain issues. But that's been known for a while, and unfortunately not much has changed.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

5 (edited by Maddcow 2022-10-22 14:13:18)

I can understand sjzstudio’s concern; most companies wouldn’t support discontinued devices for long, and the UFX+ cost a bloody fortune.

I’ve only had my UFX+ for a few years - and it’s my first RME product - but from what I’ve observed, RME will likely support it for a considerable period of time. At least, I bloody hope so because as mentioned, it cost me/us a small fortune.

EDIT: I also really hope that RME will continue with the Thunderbolt support because it’s my greatly-preferred connection method. I’ve had numerous issues when trying to use USB with the UFX+ and Thunderbolt has been the only completely reliable and rock-solid connection in my experience.

6 (edited by ramses 2022-10-22 14:26:43)

Maddcow wrote:

I can understand sjzstudio’s concern; most companies wouldn’t support discontinued devices for long, and the UFX+ cost a bloody fortune.
I’ve only had my UFX+ for a few years - and it’s my first RME product - but from what I’ve observed, RME will likely support it for a considerable period of time. At least, I bloody hope so because as mentioned, it cost me/us a small fortune.

Have you still not noticed that RME supports its devices for a very (!) long time? Look how old FF800 and FF400 are. They are from 2004/2006 and even for these, there are still current drivers. That's why the resale prices on the second-hand market are still high compared to other consumer products. In contrast to that, the UFX+ is from 2016.

This is also due to the design of the devices, that the FPGA are flashable, so bugs can be fixed anytime over a long period of time. Almost everything in the device runs via the FPGA (except FX), even communication with the computer via FW/USB/TB. For this reason, I see no reason to worry.