Topic: Fireface 400 slow to come online/ noise

Hi all,

I have a fireFace 400. v 3.39.1 drivers. 2010 MacPro 12 core running 10.14.6 Mojave. Running the interface off an external power supply at 12v 2A.

When I put the computer to sleep, I generally just unplug the power supply since the unit can get hot when just sitting there. When I reconnect the power, it can take a few minutes to start passing audio. When it's booting up, the interface makes a strange squiggly noise, until it crescendos into a thump, and then passes audio fine for the rest of the day.

Any idea what might be happening here? Are there capacitors in the unit that might be going bad or something?

Thanks!

Re: Fireface 400 slow to come online/ noise

Computer in sleep mode is a no no when working with audio,

you are coursing conflict when unplugging the unit and plugging back in while your computer is on, that want work with firewire but will work with USB

best thing is shut down every thing when your not using, for a long time also make sure the 400 is switched to external and not bus.

But the main issue is you unplugging while your mac is on then plugging in again, that is hotwire, USB yes firewire sometimes but conflict most of the time