Topic: Fireface and USB

I have a PC setup, main FF UFX

using 256 sample, giving me just over 5ms 48Hz

I have noticed from time to time cracks and pops, but not to distracting, but it got my attention when i was only using one keyboard to play a piano i got the odd pop and crackle,

I always had my Fireface plugged into USB C, so i removed it and decided to use the standard 2.0 USB cable issue has now been resolved no more pops or crackles

Strange sometimes what we think is better is sometimes worse, also where we put the blame, my guess is that it is a motherboard issue with the USB C config maybe bios update.

Going with the basic setup is some times the most stable setup.

Re: Fireface and USB

I use USB 2.0 to a USB 2.0 card in my computer. Latest W10 and 9-year-old 4th Gen Intel Core i7, 32 GB of RAM and I run at 64 Buffer, 24/48 with the latest Pro Tools. I did a number of optimizations and set Processor Affinity. Smooth sailing.

A non-union national read
Demos: brucehayward dot com
Source-Connect: brucehayward

Re: Fireface and USB

That is nice, i am using Cubase 12, W10 i am on an AMD setup, i have that exact setup you have on W 7, and still use from time to time as it still has a lot of good software on it, but must say it is fast and snappy on a gigabyte MB

i think we can get carried away with the bigger the better, but i think its more about what works and is stable use it