1 (edited by bluepowder84 2022-10-30 06:15:12)

Topic: BF Pro FS Stopped being recognized

Hi all,
I was trying to get OBS setup and I installed and uninstalled Soundflower(using the instructions https://support.shinywhitebox.com/hc/en … oundflower) and right after, BF Pro FS stopped showing up in AMS, Sound menus etc. Im running MacOS Big Sur(no OS updates recently)

Tried restarting, disconnecting/reconnecting cables, updating to the latest driver. No luck

Edit: I followed the instructions here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DbQaunXsxg but when i restarted and went to Security, it actually asked me to allow Software from Rogue Amoeba instead of RME, so im assuming that is the prev state. Rogue amoeba make loopback and soundflower, both of which i had installed(and removed soundflower by running the uninstall script in the uninstall link i posted above).

I then turned on class compliant mode on the babyface and now it shows up as an output and i can hear output but totalmix still wont open and i cant do anything else but listen to audio.

Anyone have any ideas?

Re: BF Pro FS Stopped being recognized

Do you have a general DAW, logic, Cubase, Pro tools, you can try it on,

Cakewalk is free download, also Cubase free demo, at least you will see if you unit BF will fire up and work, then you can decide weather it is a software issue.

I know its a lot of messing about but at least you can start eliminating and pin pointing the problem

novabusrst wrote:

Cakewalk is free download, also Cubase free demo, at least you will see if you unit BF will fire up and work, then you can decide weather it is a software issue.

I know its a lot of messing about but at least you can start eliminating and pin pointing the problem

Hi there I did try it on logic, it does not show up in the list.

I'm certain it's something to do with the sound flower driver installation and the uninstall script I ran, but I don't know enough to fix it

4 (edited by novabusrst 2022-10-30 17:28:55)

If you can uninstall, all audio software and drivers, then reinstall only the BF driver and firmware on a separate SSD hope you have more than one drive and also in its own folder even try on an external drive

bluepowder84 wrote:
novabusrst wrote:

Hi there I did try it on logic, it does not show up in the list.

I'm certain it's something to do with the sound flower driver installation and the uninstall script I ran, but I don't know enough to fix it

I would also suggest not using expansion USB at least until you get it up and running

novabusrst wrote:

If you can uninstall, all audio software and drivers, then reinstall only the BF driver and firmware on a separate SSD hope you have more than one drive and also in its own folder even try on an external drive

at this point thats not something I can do, I have something like 300 plugins, it would be less work for me to sell the babyface and get a different audio interface than do this.

bluepowder84 wrote:
novabusrst wrote:

at this point thats not something I can do, I have something like 300 plugins, it would be less work for me to sell the babyface and get a different audio interface than do this.

sorry i did mean interface audio drivers software, i think its worth a try