Topic: UFX+ successor?

Currently having an issue with my UFX+ and with the device discontinued, I was wondering if there are any plans for a follow up to the UFX+?

Background:
I recently switched to Digiface AVB as main Interface to my PC via USB3, connecting the current UFX+ via MADI and AVB Tool. So not having TB or even USB3 for audio would be fine.
The reason the M-1610 is not a perfect replacement for the UFX+ is mainly as it's lacking either Adat or AES IN compared to the UFX+, which imo was a perfect mix of IN/Outs.
Or would there be any chance to switch one or more of the 4 ADAT OUTS of the M1610 to an IN via a firmware update?

2 (edited by ramses 2022-11-01 18:04:24)

Re: UFX+ successor?

> Or would there be any chance to switch one or more of the 4 ADAT OUTS of the M1610 to an IN via a firmware update?

These are either transmitter or receiver modules. The one send, the other receive LED light, so nothing can be changed simply by firmware.

An Octamic XTC from used market might be a useful addition to your setup, as it has:
- 8x Mic/line inputs (4x PAD, 4x Hi-Z)
- 4x AES I/O
- 2x Stereo Analog Outputs (TS) usually being used for phones
- 1 x ADAT I/O (2 x out S/MUX)
- Class compliant USB 2.0 useable for audio
Can be remotely controlled either as Auxdevice or by using MIDI remote AVB.

Otherwise, I would wait for the next USB3-based UFX+ successor.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13