Topic: babyface pro not showing in sound settings

reinstalled drivers and firmware. now babyface pro does not show in audio inputs and outputs in windows device manager and is not a selectable audio device. it shows in sound and video game controllers, however. and works fine in the daw. this was all working fine and has always worked as expected until reinstalling. I rolled back the driver but no change. not sure if I can roll back the firmware. I think it may have something to do with WDM drivers but there is absolutely no clear indication of what this could be and I'm going, to be honest here. this forum isn't exactly searchable
for specific issues

2 (edited by ramses 2022-11-05 17:00:08)

Re: babyface pro not showing in sound settings

> this forum isn't exactly searchable

You didn't see the extended forum search, right? Or use Google using google syntax to restrict search to this site/forum.

>I think it may have something to do with WDM drivers but there is absolutely no clear indication of what this could be

There are clear indications for this. Did you check RME driver settings?

You need to configure WDM drivers for the I/O ports that you want to use for the windows sound system, which does not support ASIO. This is needed for Windows and all Windows applications which do not support ASIO.

Create a WDM device, e.g., for the port to which you connected active monitors and headphones.
In the 2nd TAB, set the port to be a speaker device, where your active monitors are connected to.
Then check Windows sound settings for this speaker device, right click and configure it to act as Windows default sound device.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: babyface pro not showing in sound settings

In short: Settings dialog - Options - WDM Devices is reset to 0. Means none. Change that to at least 1.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME