Topic: Fireface UCX II - input feedback

Hey everyone, new user here

I have a Fireface UCX II, which is the best interface I could have, but I've been having trouble with input 1 and 2

On Totalmix, the sound is normal but on Ableton, when I arm the track and monitor, it captures all the sound inputs on the interface, which causes feedback (it is weird but it is true), with the volume in Totalmix turned down and I can't record anything

Can someone help?

Thanks!

Re: Fireface UCX II - input feedback

Perform monitoring in TotalMix FX as needed.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

3 (edited by ivomelo_abc 2022-11-09 09:49:04)

ramses wrote:

Perform monitoring in TotalMix FX as needed.

That helps me to monitor only, I still have the problem of recording in Ableton.

Do I need a special configuration for input 1 and 2, or are these inputs different from the others?

Note: I'm using line input in these 1/2 inputs

Please share a screenshot of your totalmix.

If you just want to use daw monitoring, you can switch TM to daw configuration, which means no submixing, just straight ins and outs.

Babyface Pro FS, MSI GS66, Studio One

Disable loopback on HW output AN 1/2 and/or disable monitoring of the port in the DAW.
Perform monitoring by TM FX routing.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

Disable loopback on HW output AN 1/2 and/or disable monitoring of the port in the DAW.
Perform monitoring by TM FX routing.

It worked! Everything appears to work fine now
But I always had the loopback ON. It was only when I changed my setup that it showed this issue

Thank you!

Do you know why loopback was on? Unless you specifically need it then it should be off

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.