1 (edited by coldarmy1993 2022-11-13 21:08:44)

Topic: Weird Click/Pop Noise at specific volumes

Hey everyone,

Last winter I purchased an RME UFX+ during the pandemic chip shortage, having previously used the BabyFace and Focusrite products. I've been struggling to find a fix to, what I can tell is, an unusual issue that I've never experienced before with other interfaces, including low tier ones.

At specific volumes on the master fader and the software playback fader (usually between -16 and -25) I get this Transient click/pop sound when a low frequency plays (a kick drum, bass, low tuned guitars etc.). It usually happens at the start of the sample and at the end of it (as if there is a Transient Shaper inserted in the sample) This does not happen on vocals or any other mid/high range frequency instruments.

Also. if I turn the master fader really high or at super low volumes, the click/pop sound disappears completely.

This is the captured sound from the speaker: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16ZoS7U … sp=sharing

The click sound I am talking about starts at 0:04 / disappears once I turn the volume down around 0:15 / and then back again - worse this time at 0:19

Thank you so much!
Alex

Re: Weird Click/Pop Noise at specific volumes

Please contact your local distributor, they should be able to help.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you for your response MC.

If I am reading a bit into what you said, there might be an issue with the device?

Most probably.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME