Topic: RME Fireface rackmount screw size

Hi everyone,

I own a set of rackmount ears for my Fireface 400. Unfortunately I have lost the screws to attach the ears to the device. Does anyone know what type of screws I need for this? There's no info about this online.

Many thanks in advance!

2 (edited by VP 2021-01-16 09:54:50)

Re: RME Fireface rackmount screw size

I purchased an assortment of various screws (always good to have, right?) and found out the screw size is M4. As for the length, I recommend as short as possible to prevent the screw going in too far. The shortest one I had was 10mm. This looked like a bit too long initially, but turned out to work OK in the end.

3 (edited by erniebitne11 2022-11-27 16:32:17)

Re: RME Fireface rackmount screw size

I think a set of rack mount screws, specifically the M6, are great for many devices. These M6 nuts and screws are universally suitable for all square hole hangers and cabinets. It's easy to install hardware with this handy kit with everything you need to do the job. These self-locking cable ties are perfect for computers, appliances, electronic cord work, wire management, and storage. The cage nuts and screws are made of high-quality carbon steel. But you can also work with other screws. My father works with M2 screws. He says they are very easy to order at https://www.scrooz.com.au/screws/roofing-screws/.