1 (edited by robinson13087 2022-11-25 20:23:20)

Topic: Using ARC to A/B outputs on ADI-2 with babyface

Hey there so I just ordered a new ucxii and arc controller, still waiting for both to be delivered, but I was wondering if that is the best for my use case. I want amazing latency and windows performance, great output monitoring quality, and to be able to record a synth or mic or two. I also have 2 sets of monitors and it’s important for me to be able to A/B them easily, that it why I chose the ucxii over the babyface. However, I just got a lead on a used babyface pro fs for $400 and am wondering if I could use that as my interface/ preamps, use the adi2 pro fs as my DA conversion, and use my arc/total mix to A/B between the two sets of outputs on the ADI-2. Also, would adding this level of complexity negatively affect my latency? Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Trying to have my cake and eat it too lol.

Re: Using ARC to A/B outputs on ADI-2 with babyface

robinson13087 wrote:

use the adi2 pro fs as my DA conversion, and use my arc/total mix to A/B between the two sets of outputs on the ADI-2..

That's not possible. The UCX II is clearly the better solution for such purposes.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

3 (edited by ramses 2022-11-27 11:39:59)

MC wrote:
robinson13087 wrote:

use the adi2 pro fs as my DA conversion, and use my arc/total mix to A/B between the two sets of outputs on the ADI-2..

That's not possible. The UCX II is clearly the better solution for such purposes.

The only thing what he could do with this combination of devices is:

Babyface Pro FS+---ADAT OUT------------>ADI-2 Pro FS------------->Main Out
                         +---ADAT IN<--------------ADI-2 Pro FS<---AN IN---Synth
                         +---AN1/2----------------------------------------------->Main Out B
                         +---AN1<-----------Mic1
                         +---AN2<-----------Mic2

Then he could switch in TM FX (or by using ARC USB) at least between
- Main Out (to ADI-2 Pro) and
- Main Out B (to 2nd pair of monitors).

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thanks guys! Couldn’t scoop up the babyface in time anyway so UCX II it is!