Topic: UFX II search results

I'm here to learn more about people's experiences with the UFX II USB.  I've searched for UFX II.  Why the heck would there be zero results?

James - Houston, TX

Re: UFX II search results

I used a MOTU 896HD for years. It worked and sounded great. A couple of channels were beginning to go so I took the plunge and picked up the UFX II. I've had my eye on it for years.

The features that come with the UFX II are stunning coming from the MOTU, but more importantly, the sound is magnificent. There was nothing wrong with the sound quality of the MOTU, but when you hear the UFX it is a clear step up in many ways. The preamps are that good.

There have been zero issues with USB, and not having to worry about firewire or thunderbolt going out of fashion motivated me to go USB. I say later for all that. USB will always be here!! I want to invest in long-term solutions, not a fad technology.

Took very little time to hook up and have it working.

Totalmix is so well thought out and is easy to use, and the ipad integration just made it perfect for me. It was easily the best gear purchase I've made in many years. Yeah maybe I'm a fanboy of RME, but that's how good their engineering is. They won me over.

I used a MOTU 24 i/o for the last 15 years or so.  It died a month or so back.  I tried the Universal Audio x6 with a thunderbolt connection.  I wasn't really thrilled with it...blue screens every time I changed buffer or sampling rate.   On top of that, Universal Audio gave me a nice pack of plugins on a promo.  After two weeks, they took back the plugins saying I never qualified for them...lol.  So I sent it back.

I'm looking at Lynx Aurora(n) 8 Thunderbolt 3 and the RME UFX II USB.  Both units arrive this week.

I'm really curious about latency and stability.  I downsized and don't require the 24 i/o anymore.  I'm really just looking at like 2 channel input at a time.  2 channels out to mains.  And a few VST's via piano and electronic drum kit.  I'm used to working in 24/96 with a lot of plugins on playback and during recording/monitoring.

I'm very curious to see how the RME UFX II USB handles it.

James - Houston, TX

We did not block 'UFX' intentionally, so I have no clue why that one doesn't work ('UCX' for example works). But this forum's software search function is not good anyway, it gives better results to use Google and restrict the search on this forum.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

5 (edited by ramses 2022-11-30 10:42:28)

Google search, narrow the search to this forum, e.g.,

RME UCX II site:forum.rme-audio.de

A list of 42 Google search operators to further narrow your search can be found here

https://ahrefs.com/blog/google-advanced … operators/

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thanks, guys.  Looks like using the advanced search on the forum works much better.

James - Houston, TX