Topic: There are two versions of UCX2's HW version What's the difference?

I have a question.
I just saw it with the flash update tool
UCX2 has rev6 and rev7
What's the difference? Can you explain?
Is there a performance difference or chipset difference?
My UCX2 is HW-Rev6.

Ucx II , Adi2/4 Pro Se, Drawmer 1970 , Lct 1040 , WIN11 , Ableton Live 11

Re: There are two versions of UCX2's HW version What's the difference?

There is no difference. Only the FPGA had to change as the 6 version is no longer produced.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Then there is no difference between version 6 and version 7 other than the difference in fpga, is it just a difference in one element? No difference in performance at all?
And if there is a problem with my device, will it be changed to version 7 when it is replaced? Are there any changes in the sound? I'm not familiar with it, so I'd like to know the specifics.
Is fpga the difference between ess and akm I know? Then, is the 6 version ess or akm?

Ucx II , Adi2/4 Pro Se, Drawmer 1970 , Lct 1040 , WIN11 , Ableton Live 11

ruern wrote:

Then there is no difference between version 6 and version 7 other than the difference in fpga, is it just a difference in one element? No difference in performance at all?
And if there is a problem with my device, will it be changed to version 7 when it is replaced? Are there any changes in the sound? I'm not familiar with it, so I'd like to know the specifics.
Is fpga the difference between ess and akm I know? Then, is the 6 version ess or akm?

It's more like changing the CPU to another one, to make an analogy, so there should be no difference to the sound. It's not quite that simple, of course, and there could be new bugs introduced with changing to a new FPGA (like software changes, board layout etc). I'm no FPGA coder at all, so bear that in mind.

When MC says there will be no changes to the sound I for sure will give him the benefit of doubt, considering RME proven history.