Topic: Fireface 800, Big Sur, Mac Pro

Hello

I´ve just updated to Big Sur on my Mac Pro, and after doing the re-approvel of the kext workaround i got the FF800 installed and loading. But when i play any sound or load the drivers in Logic Pro - all meters in Totaltmix goes to max and i get a nasty full specter static noise on all outputs?

Did anyone else experience this and/or has any idea how to fix it?
My FF800 is up to date with firmware and im using the latest drivers for MacOS 11.
I ve tried difference Firewire cables as well as daisy chaining with a firewire hd (which works fine in OSX) - but all with same restult sad

Re: Fireface 800, Big Sur, Mac Pro

What I would do :
Totalmix Total Reset
Then play something from the computer (an MP3 file or Youtube etc.) without Logic.
Let's sort out Logic.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

waedi wrote:

What I would do :
Totalmix Total Reset
Then play something from the computer (an MP3 file or Youtube etc.) without Logic.
Let's sort out Logic.

Sure, but i did that already... there is no difference if i play from osx direct or logic.
I already reset total mix, and reinstallered everything 2 times (programs, kext, everything)

Oha ! In this situation I would send in for service.
Or testing with another computer.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

rolike wrote:

Hello

I´ve just updated to Big Sur on my Mac Pro

My FF800 is up to date with firmware and im using the latest drivers for MacOS 11.

FF800 firmware: 2.77
Driver: 3.28

If that is the case then there is something wrong with FireWire communication. It seems to break down the moment you start audio. Reminds me of effects many years ago when Apple used specifc FW chips that did not work as expected.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:
rolike wrote:

Hello

I´ve just updated to Big Sur on my Mac Pro

FF800 firmware: 2.77
Driver: 3.28

If that is the case then there is something wrong with FireWire communication. It seems to break down the moment you start audio. Reminds me of effects many years ago when Apple used specifc FW chips that did not work as expected.

Hi

Im on firmware 2.77 but the driver version is 3.41 (the latest for OS 11/12)
I never saw a 3.28 driver version? does that exist for the FF800 and should i use that?

Best
Rolike

Sorry, no, 3.28 is USB. 3.41 is the latest and correct for FW.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME