1 (edited by Andrei_I 2022-12-08 12:56:48)

Topic: Fireface UCX ll (????????) Problem connecting Fireface UCX ll to Mac.

Hello. In November 2022 I bought FireFace UCH ll. I had problems connecting to a computer (MacBook Pro; 16-inch; 2019; Intel Core i9; macOS Big Sur) and installing driver and flash from rme-audio.de.            ( driver_usb_mac_328.zip ; fut_usb_mac.zip )
The driver and flash are installed, TotalMix FX opens but in the device name instead of FireFace UCH ll (24101255) appears FireFace UCH ll (????????).
Neumann u89i and Yamaha YAMAHA PSR-SX900 are connected to the device
Input and output signals are displayed in TotalMix FX and on the display of the device, but there is no sound on the headphones and monitors. Removing the drivers and reinstalling them did nothing. Please tell me, how to solve this problem. When installing on Windows, everything is the same, only the name of the card is displayed Fireface UCX ll (1). Maybe someone has come across this?

Re: Fireface UCX ll (????????) Problem connecting Fireface UCX ll to Mac.

You my need to route the desired audio channel to the headphones or the monitors.
Click the output channel to hoghlight it (activated as receiver of all other channels middle and top row, as soon you pull up faders from those) !

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

When the serial number can not be read then audio I/O is blocked. Where did you see the serial number? Is it visible in Audio MIDI setup?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks for the answer!
The serial number is on the RME packaging and in the warranty certificate. How to make the computer and software see the number?

5 (edited by Andrei_I 2022-12-09 09:36:59)

In the Audio MIDI setup, too,  Fireface UCX ll (????????)

Then this unit is defective and needs a reprogramming in the factory.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

7 (edited by Andrei_I 2022-12-09 17:05:50)

Understood. OK. Sad. New device.

On Windows: Where can one see the serial number of an UCX II from software? Both TotalMix and RME USB Flash Update Tool will only show "Fireface UCX II(1)".

I dont know. This is my first RME device. But like on a Mac, there is no sound in the headphones or output.

Serial number under Windows: Device Manager, Audio and Video Controller, Properties, Details, Bus reported Device description.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Device Manager, Audio and Video Controller, Properties, Details, Bus reported Device description.

Thanks! I could see the serial number for both my ADI-2 DAC FS and the UCX II.