Topic: My TotalMix does not Opening

HEy guys,

My totalmix is not opening. Already tried the process that has been posted. In the past TM had seem to work for few days but now it doesn't

I am using RME Fireface UCX II with Windows 10. The computer works fine.
Downloaded the driver from RME website under downloads-Fireface UCXII-driver . Using the driver: driver_usb_win_1222.zip.

Cheers,
Lior

Re: My TotalMix does not Opening

have you tried a different USB cable

Sure the device is not in CC-mode ?

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

If you go to the program and launch it does it open?

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

5 (edited by liorms88 2022-12-08 15:28:04)

novabusrst wrote:

Tried it and it doesn't work

waedi wrote:

Can you explain whqat is CC-mode ?

mkok wrote:

Get into which program ?

liorms88 wrote:
novabusrst wrote:

waedi wrote:

User manual page 95
Class Compliant mode is for use with iPad.
When the unit is set to CC mode it will not access Totalmix on a computer.
copy from user manual :

Activation of the Class Compliant mode
Remove USB cable from the UCX II. Press SETUP/REV so that the page Options is shown in the display.
Turn the encoder until Hardware/Diagnosis appears in the display. Pushing the encoder the knob symbol changes into a double arrow symbol. Now turn the encoder to move the cursor vertically through the menu page. Scroll down to the entry CC Mode. Press the encoder again to change back to the knob symbol, then turn the encoder to select On. The unit now reboots. After that the field USB in the level meter screen shows CC.
Below CC Mode you’ll find the option CC Mix, which offers different modes and routings of the playback signals. See chapter 36.
Connect the USB cable to the UCX II and the Lightning to USB adapter. Start the iPhone/iPad and plug-in the adapter. If everything works as expected, the unit will enter CC host mode, indi- cated by the yellow CC field. Audio playback will automatically be performed by the UCX II, using analog outputs 1/2 and the phones outputs 7/8 (with routing option 8 Ch. + Phones activated).

mkok wrote:

Get into which program ?

TotalMix. If it isn’t starting up then check it is in the right place (it’s mentioned in the beta versions thread where it should be)

Babyface Pro Fs, Behringer ADA8200, win 10/11 PCs, Cubase/Wavelab, Adam A7X monitors.

I think if your getting audio from your DAW then roll back and use an older version but uninstall your latest version.

But if you are not getting audio from your Daw then something is amiss

novabusrst wrote:

I think if your getting audio from your DAW then roll back and use an older version but uninstall your latest version.

But if you are not getting audio from your Daw then something is amiss

I an getting audio from my DAW.
How do I uninstall the version I am using right now ? I can not find this option from the download only install it again...

waedi wrote:
liorms88 wrote:
novabusrst wrote:

waedi wrote:

User manual page 95
Class Compliant mode is for use with iPad.
When the unit is set to CC mode it will not access Totalmix on a computer.
copy from user manual :

Activation of the Class Compliant mode
Remove USB cable from the UCX II. Press SETUP/REV so that the page Options is shown in the display.
Turn the encoder until Hardware/Diagnosis appears in the display. Pushing the encoder the knob symbol changes into a double arrow symbol. Now turn the encoder to move the cursor vertically through the menu page. Scroll down to the entry CC Mode. Press the encoder again to change back to the knob symbol, then turn the encoder to select On. The unit now reboots. After that the field USB in the level meter screen shows CC.
Below CC Mode you’ll find the option CC Mix, which offers different modes and routings of the playback signals. See chapter 36.
Connect the USB cable to the UCX II and the Lightning to USB adapter. Start the iPhone/iPad and plug-in the adapter. If everything works as expected, the unit will enter CC host mode, indi- cated by the yellow CC field. Audio playback will automatically be performed by the UCX II, using analog outputs 1/2 and the phones outputs 7/8 (with routing option 8 Ch. + Phones activated).

mkok wrote:

Get into which program ?

CC-mode is off

In Mac OS system security settings Microphone, is Totalmix enabled there for access ?

waedi wrote:

In Mac OS system security settings Microphone, is Totalmix enabled there for access ?

What do you mean ?
I am using Windows...

liorms88 wrote:
waedi wrote:

What do you mean ?
I am using Windows...

You are right, my bad, I'm sorry.
Is it possible windows has some kind of security running that blocks your driver ? Antivirus, Firewall, adblocker etc ?

if computer is running fine and RME driver/software is installed ok i think the Totalmix should open itself when connecting the RME device to USB (when it's on of course)

ADI2, Digiface, ARC

To access TotalMix you need to click on the up arrow over to the right of the task bar. The same place where you eject usb sticks or antivirus alerts. You should see the fireface driver icon and the TotalMix icon in this area.

16 (edited by liorms88 2022-12-13 23:30:00)

waedi wrote:
liorms88 wrote:
waedi wrote:

What do you mean ?
I am using Windows...

You are right, my bad, I'm sorry.
Is it possible windows has some kind of security running that blocks your driver ? Antivirus, Firewall, adblocker etc ?

Nothing from there guys

fieldstu wrote:

if computer is running fine and RME driver/software is installed ok i think the Totalmix should open itself when connecting the RME device to USB (when it's on of course)

But it does not...
In the past it was opned but now it is not

17 (edited by liorms88 2022-12-13 23:32:31)

mkok wrote:

To access TotalMix you need to click on the up arrow over to the right of the task bar. The same place where you eject usb sticks or antivirus alerts. You should see the fireface driver icon and the TotalMix icon in this area.

Ok guys i didn't saw It. Only now I got it ... My TotalMix found.
Now I have an iisue with my DigiCheck that does not reading my interface

mkok wrote:

Have you selected an input channel in DigiCheck ?

waedi wrote:
mkok wrote:

Have you selected an input channel in DigiCheck ?

I don't think so...
Can you guide me ?

20 (edited by ramses 2022-12-14 12:32:02)

Like all software it has configuration options for selecting the driver and i/o channels.

In fact it uses the same RME ASIO driver like a DAW.

Is it really too hard to start one of the Digicheck applications,  to observe the pull-down menu and guess intuitive what is related to the configuration of inputs?

Sorry I have no PC at hand ..but in fact it is not a difficult thing to do.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

DigiCheck menu Options  Instrument 1  input Selection...
same for instruments 2, 3 and 4.