Topic: Octamic XTC availability ?

Hello,

The Octamic XTC seems currently unavailable from online dealers.
Is it momentary or is the XTC a legacy device, no longer in production ?

Thanks in advance

Intel i7, Windows 10, RME UFX+, Ferrofish Pulsar16MX

Re: Octamic XTC availability ?

I believe it is discontinued, and RME’s UK distributor list it as such.

You may be able to find one used.

Or look at the new 12 mic.

Probably not helpful to say I love the two I own!

3 (edited by cupakm 2023-09-09 22:14:36)

Well, here https://rme-audio.de/products.html it isn't being listed as legacy product, although "OCTAMIC XTC NOT AVAILABLE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!" so let's hope for the best. And same goes for OctaMic II...

Actually I miss the XTC quite a lot, as 12Mic doesn't feature AutoSet, has only 1x HP output, no ADAT in(s) and cables plug into the front, not from behind. And 8 ins would do for me.

OctaMic XTC FS would be a very welcomed face-lift.

12Mic has Autoset.

Regarding number of Mic inputs, see it this way: 12 mic inputs give you a higher port density. So a lower price per port.
It also makes it possible, together with UFX III, to come in total to 4+12=16 Mic inputs with two rack units height.

The only bad thing is, that the number 12 does not fit perfectly into the total number of channels (64 at singl,e 32 at double speed) and does not easily allow delay compensation features like AutoID (automatic assignment of MADI ID) and Auto-CA (automatic channel assignment based on MADI ID).

The Octamic is a unique box and had also other nice features:
- Auxdevice support (needs an 8-port scheme)
- MADI delay compensation features,
- USB Class compliant support to be able to use the device as an interface for an iPad
- also, the display was better readable and quicker/easier operable

I also would like to see an Octamic XTC FS.
With facelift of Mic Inputs (same as in 12Mic with 75 dB gain) and FS clock.

This would make it to a fantastic product for a MADI-based Setup, which, I think, is nowadays still the main technology / use case.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

12Mic has Autoset.

Oh... not listed here https://rme-audio.de/12mic.html

ramses wrote:

- USB Class compliant support to be able to use the device as an interface for an iPad

...and Linux.

ramses wrote:

I also would like to see an Octamic XTC FS.
With facelift of Mic Inputs (same as in 12Mic with 75 dB gain) and FS clock.

You speak my words.