Topic: Fireface 802 problem with v19 firmware and Mac

A couple of days ago I updated my Fireface 802 firmware and driver, which I do every few months. This is the first time I've had a problem.

In this case, the MIDI configuration changed, which caused my MIDI connection to the Bricasti reverb to fail.

Looking into Mac's MIDI studio, I could see the fireface was greyed out (disconnected) and a new generic USB interface appeared instead.

I have a backup Fireface 802 with firmware v15 and it was recognized correctly when I plugged it in.

Is this expected, or can I fix it? Once I rebuilt the MIDI connection to the Bricasti, it started working correctly again, apparently.

Logic Pro X 10.6. Mac OS X Catalina. MacBook Pro 2014 (4 core i7), 16 GB RAM. RME Fireface 802 x2.

Re: Fireface 802 problem with v19 firmware and Mac

Maybe someone with the latest firmware can check if they get the same thing in MIDI studio?

Logic Pro X 10.6. Mac OS X Catalina. MacBook Pro 2014 (4 core i7), 16 GB RAM. RME Fireface 802 x2.

Why you just not delete the now greyed out one and use the new one?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Sorry for a not-really-good explanation! smile

I did delete the greyed out interface and I'm using the new one. I had to rebuild the MIDI connection but that was a minor annoyance.

I'm concerned that it's not detected as a Fireface 802 anymore by MIDI studio, only as a generic "USB MIDI Interface". Is this expected, does it make a difference? My older Fireface with firmware v15 is recognized as a "Fireface 802" when I plug it in.

That change is not new and had been discussed here before. It's just the naming. not the function.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Ah, I wasn't aware of that, thank you. I did search for the problem but didn't come up with any relevant posts. Always appreciate your help in the forum, MC! smile