Topic: Troubleshooting Fireface 802 MIDI connection to Bricasti M7

I'm having an intermittent problem with the MIDI connection from my Fireface 802 to my Bricasti M7.

The Bricasti is connected directly via MIDI cables, as required. I'm sending preset changes from a plugin in Logic Pro. Actually I have two different plugins that do that, the old M7 Control and the new M7 Link (both by different developers). In order to send the preset changes, the plugins send a sysex command. I've used MIDI Monitor (https://www.snoize.com/midimonitor/) to make sure the command is really sent, and that part is working.

However, sometimes the MIDI command won't reach the Bricasti. I can see it in Midi Monitor but the MIDI light in the Bricasti doesn't illuminate, and it won't change the preset. This happens with both plugins, by the way. When this happens, turning the Bricasti off and on fixes it. I've reached out to both Bricasti and the plugin developer and they can't reproduce the problem, so they think it might be the interface.

How can I troubleshoot this further?

Logic Pro X 10.6. Mac OS X Catalina. MacBook Pro 2014 (4 core i7), 16 GB RAM. RME Fireface 802 x2.

2 (edited by waedi 2022-12-22 12:26:17)

Re: Troubleshooting Fireface 802 MIDI connection to Bricasti M7

What tells the midimonitor about the two plugins ?
Is it the same midi command ?

When you make a cable loop with a midicable at the interface, is the sent midi arriving in the computer ? Midimonitor should tell you.

And who says it is sysex command ?
A programm change midi message is a simple CC with a value number afaik.

Sure your Bricasti is enabled for Midi ?
M7 V1 has no midi at all, the Midi connectors are fitted for further versions firmware.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue