Topic: Fireface UFX+ dim/turn off screen/sleep mode?

Greetings

is there a way to dim or turn off the screen on the unit or perhaps have it go to sleep mode?  I generally leave the computer it's connected to on all the time and the RME is in a rack under my desk.  So I don't really use the front panel at all.

There are some settings in TotalMix -> settings that don't seem to do anything. 

Thx!

UFX+, Reaper, Ableton, Mac, Drummer, Modular, Norns/PiSound/Organelle....

2 (edited by ramses 2022-01-22 10:46:00)

Re: Fireface UFX+ dim/turn off screen/sleep mode?

Hello,

AFAIK this is not implemented and I am not sure whether it would be possible or if RME has any plans to implement it.

The only devices where it comes to my mind where such features have been implemented are ADI-2 DAC/Pro, e.g.:

Display Mode: Dark
The dark scheme inverts the white background and black numbers/text to black background and light-grey numbers/text.

AutoDark Mode:
OFF, 10s. Automatically turns off all LEDs and the display (exception: Standby button) after 10 seconds of user inactivity. A key press and turning an encoder will temporarily activate LEDs and display again. Info and warning messages are shown for 3 seconds.

LCD Brightness
Adjustable from 20% to 100%. Default is 80%.

Auto Standby
OFF, 30min, 1h, 2h, 4h. The unit checks all outputs for signals higher than -70 dBFS. With no signal and user action detected within the set time the unit will enter standby mode.

In terms of energy saving and heat prevention it would make sense to implement features like AutoDark mode and I think such "green features" might also be good for marketing.

GMB wrote:

Not clear what you mean by this. Pls rephrase / put examples.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

What I mean re TotalMix is that there are settings in TotalMix for Brightness Correction that don't seem to do anything for my Fireface.

UFX+, Reaper, Ableton, Mac, Drummer, Modular, Norns/PiSound/Organelle....

From page 73 user manual :
Brightness Correction. Adjusts the brightness of the TotalMix FX graphics.
Means in the computer on the computer screen, not in the Fireface unit.

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

5 (edited by ramses 2022-01-23 09:50:16)

GMB wrote:

What I mean re TotalMix is that there are settings in TotalMix for Brightness Correction that don't seem to do anything for my Fireface.

Do you know the TM FX Help function ? Also good explained there, search for brightness:
Brightness Correction. Set TotalMix FX screen brightness to your taste, matching the monitor setting or the environment.

Once you set it and press the OK button you see that the brightness changes on screen.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

GMB wrote:

Greetings

is there a way to dim or turn off the screen on the unit or perhaps have it go to sleep mode?  I generally leave the computer it's connected to on all the time and the RME is in a rack under my desk.  So I don't really use the front panel at all.

Thx!

I have a similar question regarding the UCX 2. Now that the ADI 2 DAC has gotten auto standby, I wonder if that would be possible for the other devices?

same here, UCX 2 unit is under the desk running 24/7

would be great to still have a running display one I need it. So having an option turn off illumination / dark mode / ... would be great