Topic: Recent popping noise while recording?

Noticeable intermittent popping noise as of today while recording with my Babyface Pro via my U87+ Ableton Live 11, only when reaching above a certain (low) threshold however, does anyone have any ideas as to why?

Sample audio: https://vocaroo.com/15wgSwj7a8HH

I have disconnected and reconnected the interface, increased the sample rate to 2048 from the typical 1024, disconnected all SPDIF/ADAT connections and also plugged in a DC power supply and monitored DAW CPU usage at below 5%, yet the issue still persists. First time experiencing this issue in nearly 2 years.. absolutely driving me crazy and ruining all of our recordings!

Re: Recent popping noise while recording?

Persists the problem on both mic inputs of the Babyface ?

Have you tried with another DAW (sorting out Ableton)
Use Reaper free DAW for a test.

Can you try another microphone (sorting out U87) ?

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

Appears as though the issue had been resolved after restarting Windows 10 the last time around.. however we're now experiencing the same issue again. Will restarting the PC continue to be the only solution with this issue?

RME has always been known for having some of the best audio drivers around so watching all of this unfold definitely takes a toll on future reliability.

bump still experiencing the issue

Your sound file includes three mutes (or drop outs) between 125 and 640 samples length. This is neither a BF nor a driver issue. Your hardware configuration or OS changed, by updating whatever software/drivers etc, and now causes these random glitches, maybe by blocking USB transmission, but could also be anything else. Nothing we can do here, sorry.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I also would suggest to try to sort out:
- try another USB cable an/or USB port
- check windows audio settings (is the Babyface selected for system sounds too?)
- are there plugins involved (a noise gate?)
- what waedi writes

waedi wrote:

Persists the problem on both mic inputs of the Babyface ?

Have you tried with another DAW (sorting out Ableton)
Use Reaper free DAW for a test.

Can you try another microphone (sorting out U87) ?

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2