1 (edited by Briar Boy 2023-01-05 18:59:41)

Topic: Digiface USB Arriving today...

My Digiface USB will be arriving today. I will be using it with a Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 in standalone mode and am wondering should to Pro 40's sync be set to internal or ADAT to function in standalone mode with the Digiface USB? I am assuming it should be synced to ADAT so the Digiface USB can control clocking?

Re: Digiface USB Arriving today...

Can be both. But I advise 40 master, digiface slave, since the adda converters will then run on internal clock and that is best. If in the future you will add more adat devices things will change maybe.

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

vinark wrote:

Can be both. But I advise 40 master, digiface slave, since the adda converters will then run on internal clock and that is best. If in the future you will add more adat devices things will change maybe.

Thank you for your advice.

4 (edited by oli77sch 2023-01-05 23:21:25)

vinark wrote:

It’s also my advice. BUT what I learned is, with an interface as master clock in most cases it takes the sample rate selected in the DAW. With an external master - the Saffire in this case - you have to be aware to set both, hardware and software to the same rate. I don’t know what system (Mac/Win) and DAW you use. On Mac with Logic I once had the issue with annoyingly long times to create a new project. I then realised, it’s only like this when I have my Fireface slaved to an ADAT preamp. After setting it to internal/master clock, all went well again.

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2