Topic: Babyface v4.04 OSX12.5 Aggragate problem

Hi
I couldn't find the answer to my problem searching the forum so here is my issue with aggregate (probably)
I moved from Mac Mini i7 to Mac Studio (M1) with OSX12.5. After some problems with Logic with the old Babyface driver I upgrade to Driver 4.04 with firmware 226

Setup:
Babyface + Expert Sleepers 8 (via USB) with Behringer ADAT 8200, Logic 10.7.6
It was no problem with creating an aggregate devices in the audio midi setup.

I want to record signal from ES8 to Logic. I can see that signal is coming to Logic (through respective ES8 input) but I can't make it through to any of the BF or ADAT8200 outputs (no signal in any of Logic outputs). I don't see any signal in Total Mix either.

I tested BF and ADAT separately and that configuration works well.

I had exactly the same setup with Mac Mini and older OSX and everything worked perfectly.

Does anyone know if driver 4.04 aggregate function works well? Should I upgrade to 4.06? I'd be grateful for any help
Thank you!
Fry

Re: Babyface v4.04 OSX12.5 Aggragate problem

Hi

Maybe I get it wrong, but audio signals from another hardware (part of the aggregate) coming over USB are independent of TotalMix and don't appear there. Of course that changes as soon you send it from Logic to an output on the RME Babyface using the software monitoring in Logic. Then the signal appears on 'software playback'. So my question is: do you have enabled software monitoring in Logic?

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

fry wrote:

Hi
I couldn't find the answer to my problem searching the forum so here is my issue with aggregate (probably)
I moved from Mac Mini i7 to Mac Studio (M1) with OSX12.5. After some problems with Logic with the old Babyface driver I upgrade to Driver 4.04 with firmware 226

Setup:
Babyface + Expert Sleepers 8 (via USB) with Behringer ADAT 8200, Logic 10.7.6
It was no problem with creating an aggregate devices in the audio midi setup.

I want to record signal from ES8 to Logic. I can see that signal is coming to Logic (through respective ES8 input) but I can't make it through to any of the BF or ADAT8200 outputs (no signal in any of Logic outputs). I don't see any signal in Total Mix either.

I tested BF and ADAT separately and that configuration works well.

I had exactly the same setup with Mac Mini and older OSX and everything worked perfectly.

Does anyone know if driver 4.04 aggregate function works well? Should I upgrade to 4.06? I'd be grateful for any help
Thank you!
Fry

Having M1 Mac with Ventura 13.1 Logic 10.7.6, RME driver 4.06, all fine, I didn't test two interface with aggregat in this set so far, but as it works smooth I suggest to have everything up to date, OS and drivers.

M1-Sonoma, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

[Solved]
Thank for quick replay oli
Strange situation, I definitely turned on software input monitoring and there was no signal. I just restarted computer and now all works properly. But I've noticed strange hiccups like this in Logic, for example opening not fully plugin windows.
Thanks a lot for your help.

Which device is clock master? Maybe the Logic issues are related to this?

FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2