Topic: Questions on the ARC USB controller

Today I got my RME ARC USB... it looks and feels fantastic smile
I just can't figure out, you I can control with the encoder a Fadergroup. We have a surroundsound setup and I would like to control all channels simultaneous. Per default the encoder controls the main outs and I found out how to toggle this to Speaker B and Headphones but I didn't manage to control several outputs at the same time. Do you have an idea for this?

2 (edited by ramses 2023-01-07 15:17:18)

Re: Questions on the ARC USB controller

Hi Marcus,
create a fadergroup which contains the fader of "Main Out" then you control all faders of this group with the ARC USB.
"Main Out" and "fader group" are on a per snapshot base.
So with 8 Snapshots, you can create plenty of different settings according to your demand.
If you need even more than 8 different snapshots / settings, then store the workspaces into Workspace Quick Select slots.
Then you can recall them easily with ALT-1 … ALT-0, then you have 10×8=80 different snapshots "at your fingertips" / recallable by such an easy key combination and next by selecting the desired snapshot with ARC USB.
When storing your workplace with the 8 snapshots to such a quick workspace select slot (30 are available in total),
when I would take care to store it with the snapshot being active that will most likely be used from those 8.
This saves you the time to change the snapshot by using mouse or ARC USB.

Workspace // Quick Select Slot 1..30
TM FX              1    ...   10 .............. 30
Snapshot     ALT-1 ... ALT-0
1:                    1*          1
2:                    2            2
3:                    3            3
4:                    4            4
5:                    5            5
6:                    6            6
7:                    7            7*
8:                    8            8

So when pressing ALT-1 Snapshot 1 could be selected automatically, with ALT-0 Snapshot 7 might be activated automatically when saving into the workspace quick select slot with these snapshots active...

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Wow, thank you so much... smile

4 (edited by ramses 2023-01-07 19:31:34)

Turned out that groups are workspace-based after checking the manual.

Groups (fader-group, etc.) per snapshot would be nice to have. Then you can easily recall snapshot and e.g. fader group together. Would be a very nice handling in combination with ARC USB.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Thank you @ramses anyways.
I can understand the design decision that Fadergropus are cross snapshots. But it would be really nice if fader groups could have "overlapping" fader assignments. Here is an example: If fader group 1 consist of output ½ and ¾ it is impossible to use output ½ or output ¾ on any other fader group at all anymore. I understand this as long as multiple fader groups can be activated at the same time. But I think it it should be possible to have a couple of different fader groups with "overlapping" faders at your fingertips with the ARC. So my suggestion would be either include fader groups into snapshots, or have a toggle for exclusive or additional fader groups or allow switching workspaces with the USB ARC. This would a really nice feature smile