Topic: rme fireface ufx nothing sounds decent

hey i got an rm,e ufx and had athor interfaces  everything sounds flat no stereo image nothing blends its sound kind of summed mono  or no side info im tired did someone have the same issue

2 (edited by ramses 2023-01-08 20:16:14)

Re: rme fireface ufx nothing sounds decent

Possibly wrong setup of routing for Main Out?
Can you provide a screenshot pf the submix for your main monitoring output?

If anything fails I would try to reset the mix using Options -> Reset Mix -> ...
Check also the manual for these reset functions.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

meybe  , have reset ttal mix meny times  but it still same result

The UFX is an excellent interface with a decent sound. If it sounds bad I assume something is wrong.
It would be helpful to see the submix as nobody can see, what exactly has been configured.

Furthermore, it is not clear what application and what driver you are using.
Whether you use an ASIO driver or a windows sound driver.

Your description of your setup is very incomplete, as there are many things that could be the reason for this.
Maybe also in the DAW, if you changed the phase of one channel in a stereo setup and what not.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

how do i send images

Store image to a cloud provider and post the URL embedded into the img tags of the forum.
More detailed description here:
https://www.tonstudio-forum.de/blog/ent … rum-en-de/

im using fl studio  21 im having the same sound no matter which outout i  use  asio fireface usb , asio4all

https://ibb.co/DKLXByB

here is another one   
https://ibb.co/2vTqLWj

im ussing headphones  11/12   on main out i have 1and2   selected  have tried 11 12 on main out  but still the sound is the same  it dosent sound decent  no stereo image flat like the onboard sound

11 (edited by waedi 2023-01-08 21:40:05)

May you drag n drop an MP3 or wave file (Pop/Rock finished Song)  into Fruity Loops as reference track to check out the stereo field ?

Totalmix in your photos shows exactly the same signal as in the Fruity Loops master out.
The interface seems to work fine.

One hihat, a little bit set to the right side.
Thats not enough for testing.

And also there is Digicheck the free RME software you should use to watch the signal, the Goniometer will show you the stereofield of your signal.

Then I also recommend to test the headphone.
Without adapter at mobilephone or Radio or whatever, just to ensure the headphone itself sounds fine.
Sometimes cheap adapters can shortcut stereo into mono...

M1-Sequoia, Madiface Pro, Digiface USB, Babyface silver and blue

https://soundcloud.com/armend-mustafi

13 (edited by waedi 2023-01-08 22:06:47)

This is how the stereofield looks like with the Vectorscope (goniometer) of the Digicheck :
https://ibb.co/LP1HgCP

All fine the track is stereo and the instruments are panned well.

the.good_father wrote:

im ussing headphones  11/12   on main out i have 1and2   selected  have tried 11 12 on main out  but still the sound is the same  it dosent sound decent  no stereo image flat like the onboard sound

Are you listening over headphones or speakers (or both)?

UCX - FF 400 - Babyface pro - Digiface USB - ADI-2 (original)
Mac mini M1 - Macbook pro - iPad Air2

here is a pic of  digichek vector  right now 
https://ibb.co/2yP2V2D

im listening over headphones

tracks sound better on soundcloud then on my daw

the.good_father wrote:

tracks sound better on soundcloud then on my daw

And do you listen to Soundcloud over the UFX too?

yes over ufx

20 (edited by waedi 2023-01-08 23:28:37)

Make a Loopback of the FL-track and record this into a new track in FL straight away.
Then invert the phase of the new track and listen the silence ( null-test).
If there is audible material then something is wrong and you have a measured result.
These online players and streaming services have different settings to volume and therefor one is a bit louder than the other.
No worry

the.good_father wrote:

yes over ufx

So if the track sounds better (or at least different) from Soundcloud over the same hardware, it simply can’t be a fault there. If there would be an issue in Totalmix or on the UFX itself, it would sound bad regardless of the playback software. Maybe you have accidentally activated something in the DAW (main) output (phase flip on one channel, a plugin or what do I know…)

waedi i  recorded  a track then made an copy of it  then inverted the phase one the one copy and i couldt hear eanything does this mean there is nothing wrong

oli77sch    im using fl studio  my main output is  asio fireface usb  and   headphones 11/12  u cant flip eny channel

Hi!

headphones 11/12  u cant flip eny channel

Use TotalMix for this flip, phase e.t.c

regards S-EH

S+E Hansson he ment on fl studio on the daw  when i flip phase on  total mix i can hear the playback it just gets closer

26 (edited by waedi 2023-01-09 15:53:57)

the.good_father wrote:

waedi i  recorded  a track then made an copy of it  then inverted the phase one the one copy and i couldt hear eanything does this mean there is nothing wrong

No. You should not make a copy of it.
You should have the original song there from beginning, play this and record it thru the interface with Loopback into a new track in FL.
Then flip the phase of the new track.
Then let play both tracks simultan.
It should become silent.

But for a true test of the analog converters of the interface you have to go a step further and do a cable Loopback on the interface with two cables from analog output into analog input and record those inputs with FL.
Then do the phase flip.
This is a measurement method.
You started this by saying the interface sound is flat, nothing is decent.
This is what you say, but it is not enough.
We want to measure it.

This will not work without moving the recorded file to the correct, sample-aligned position.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

28 (edited by acousticnepal7 2023-01-20 14:29:28)

same problem happening to me. what is the solution. I m using ufx since 7 years it was fine before. but now its be 6 to 7 months not sounding decent. tried recover almost every process but unable to achiev the decent sound

acousticnepal7 wrote:

same problem happening to me. what is the solution. I m using ufx since 7 years it was fine before. but now its be 6 to 7 months not sounding decent. tried recover almost every process but unable to achiev the decent sound

no bro  same shit dont know what it is